STA King Mack Hits the Portal.

Advertisement
recently. Btw, I like Jamal Carter but he made bone headed plays and Redwine wasn't an elite athlete.
Randy Phillips got burned regularly. Blades, Taylor and Phillips are not part of the new so fla culture.
Red wine was a pretty great athlete

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240507-111405.png
    Screenshot_20240507-111405.png
    486.1 KB · Views: 0
Yeah not to keep derailing the thread but Redwine was a helluva athlete by the time he left here. (he didnt test well coming out of Killian but he **** sure tested pretty good when he left).

If he had a Redwine/Johnson combo at the Safety position on this current D...I would actually be okay with not taking another CB. Thats how good I think they would elevate that back 7. They were a helluva safety tandem on consecutive elite level defenses that will unfortunately be forgotten about. Especially that 2018 Defense. If he had that defense this year with the offense we are putting together..we would be talking national semifinals game appearance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Carter did make some bonehead plays and Redwine def was not ELITE for an athlete but I think people underestimate his athletic ability. I believe he was low 90s or high 80's when it came to his athleticism score at the combine and he ran like a 4.4 and had a 40 inch vert with almost an 11 ft broad jump at 6'0 200lbs that is pretty **** good but I admit he did not look as athletic on the field when hearing those were his numbers if that makes sense.
I think he improved during his time here. His combine/pro day numbers were great but wasn’t his 40 out of hs like a 4.8? By his last year he was making plays.

Advertisement
Meesh
Harris

Patterson
Williams

Taylor
Thomas

That is Safety room

Dont hate the top 4, but just not much experience other than Meesh. Mack wouldnt start here this season, could provide some depth.

@DMoney was Thomas out all spring with injury? Any early returns on him?

Meesh
Harris

Patterson
Williams

Taylor
Thomas

That is Safety room

Dont hate the top 4, but just not much experience other than Meesh. Mack wouldnt start here this season, could provide some depth.

@DMoney was Thomas out all spring with injury? Any early returns on him.
Good , I want Patterson to get as many reps as possible . If he not some game changer safety week dont neee him .

Advertisement
Back