Official Michael Irvin* Sues Marriott for $100 Million

Advertisement
How are you asserting what happened definitively and as a matter of fact, if even Michael himself doesn't recall what was said?

Anyways, I think some of you are discounting this woman simply because the target is a Cane. The fact is, she doesn't have much to gain financially. I don't know the law in Arizona but I'm not aware of any theory of liability that would permit a hotel employee to recover from her employer or a guest if a guest said something untoward. Hotels are not guarantors of a guest's conduct.

I mean, I guess if a hotel ignored a complaint and something happened then maybe, but that's not the circumstance here.
I havent really paid attention but he seem to stand in open public area and talk to someone, then shake hands and then that person leaves.. Someone can **** up your life doing that, Im about to keep my head down forever, LMAOOO..

What is actually being charged here and in a normal convo even if lets say he make a offer and she reject and they shake and walk away.. Im trying to understand, the way he was treated, you woulda thought he was grabbing her, dragging to his room or something

She was probably uptight and Marriot probably didn't need to get the NFL involved. But, at the same time, and I know you can appreciate this, big corporations get sued when they don't do appropriate investigations into allegations of misconduct.

I completely understand. I think there are allllll kinds of situations where you know the customer is wrong, you try to do right by your own employee, and then you just walk away from the mess.

7ehvs4.jpg

7ehw7i.jpg

Enjoyed your earlier presentation of the facts. Miller and his attorney have done well to distance him from any charges, and perhaps deservedly so. Again, it's a horrific story. Very sad.

What's particularly troubling is Alabama's handling of the situation. Ok, Miller didn't commit a crime and whether he violated a university policy is probably also debatable. But if I understand the facts correctly, the incident happened Jan. 15 and Alabama officials - if you believe them - didn't learn until a Feb. 21 pre-trial hearing that the gun used in the murder was brought to the scene in Miller's car. Don't buy that he was clueless about it, either. Even so, university and athletic officials - coaches or whomever - presumably sat Miller down and interviewed him. If so, they either didn't ask the right questions or Miller didn't come clean or tell the whole story. And if he lied or told a BS story, then crazy that Alabama's best player and future NBA lottery pick never missed a minute of playing time.

This is a HUGELY relevant point, particularly in light of the fact that Miles and others lied to the police MULTIPLE TIMES about the facts of the case.

If you are Miller...and you had NO IDEA what was happening...you should go to the coach and AD and try to get out ahead of this thing. Tell them it was a horrific misunderstanding, and that you had no idea what was happening until it was over.

Instead, over 5 weeks passed before Alabama had ANY IDEA that Miller transported the gun to the murder scene.

TERRIBLE decisions by the young men involved in the killing...and equally disappointing decisions made by the AD and coach to try to ride this one out on the technicality of "but Miller wasn't charged with a crime". Miller didn't disclose his role to his coach or administration for over 5 weeks.

Awful stuff.

Advertisement
marriott reserves the right to ask a guest to leave for any or no reason, except for constitutionally protected reasons, so marriott had the right to ask irvin to leave. they did not, however, have the right or obligation to inform the nfl that they had removed irvin from the hotel for inappropriate sexual conduct.

Exactly.

Unless Marriott is going to start telling corporate employers what movies their employees rented, what was ordered from the mini-bar, and whether any DNA was detected under a blue light inspection, I don't see why the manager(s) at that particular Marriott did what they did.

marriott reserves the right to ask a guest to leave for any or no reason, except for constitutionally protected reasons, so marriott had the right to ask irvin to leave. they did not, however, have the right or obligation to inform the nfl that they had removed irvin from the hotel for inappropriate sexual conduct.

I disagree and I actually addressed this thoroughly right after the incident:

Advertisement
They do have the right to inform the party that is paying the bill or if he was there with a group and is trespassed from the premises if he was staying on business.

They do have the right to inform the party that is paying the bill or if he was there with a group and is trespassed from the premises if he was staying on business.

Bull****.

The right to inform them OF WHAT?

Again, if there was property damage or anything tangible/provable, maybe.

But not "our employee told us something OF WHICH WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF OR OTHER INDEPENDENT VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE".

Advertisement
Bull****.

The right to inform them OF WHAT?

Again, if there was property damage or anything tangible/provable, maybe.

But not "our employee told us something OF WHICH WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF OR OTHER INDEPENDENT VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE".
The right to inform them he has been removed from the property. Not saying it's right or wrong but if you are staying on business and you are on a rooming list, being direct billed to the company and are trespassed or removed from property and are no longer being billed back to the company they will be informed. This happens literally all the time, not always for improper sexual advances but for being too drunk and disorderly etc. if you're on the company dime and get removed from the property they will know. If you're on a vacation and paying on your own and get thrown out no one is going to randomly call your employer.

Advertisement
Exactly.

Unless Marriott is going to start telling corporate employers what movies their employees rented, what was ordered from the mini-bar, and whether any DNA was detected under a blue light inspection, I don't see why the manager(s) at that particular Marriott did what they did.
I hate to tell you this but if you are traveling on business and staying on a corporate credit card or convention and signed the mini bar and some **** to your room your employer has the right to that info. Moral of the story is always pay for your **** on your own credit card, the dna is probably off limits without a subpoena. 😂

Advertisement
Back