2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

Advertisement
Y’all think this workout is rigorous? Seems like warmups to me when I was in school.not trying to be an *** just thinking out loud.
I’d wager to bet “most” kids are doing probably next to nothing to keep any kind of shape other than hitting some weights…

Glad he’s out there trying to make sure he’s putting on good weight

Advertisement
Advertisement
Appreciate ya jello-pop.
smirk smile GIF

Awesome to see he’s putting in work.. it’s so *****ing hot in Miami right now.. gotta be grueling

Bain set the standard they see him and they follow suit, dude just works and now its contagious. You see dudes like that and then it starts flowing to everyone then the following class sees it and the culture is beginning. Lucky he can work out here cause if he went to FSU he probably would be chasing squirrels.

Advertisement
BUT ITS HOT
I mean we used to run 5 miles in 120 degree heat, do hundreds of push-ups, sit-ups, and other exercises daily. I also wasn’t 6’4” 270, but I was 6’2” 215 (then). I respect the young man for taking the time to stay in shape, but he’s also getting a nice NIL I’m sure. Isn’t this what we should expect in the NIL era?

Advertisement
Bain set the standard they see him and they follow suit, dude just works and now its contagious. You see dudes like that and then it starts flowing to everyone then the following class sees it and the culture is beginning. Lucky he can work out here cause if he went to FSU he probably would be chasing squirrels.

I mean what hes doing is a 30 min workout tops. Wouldn't exactly call this the standard.

Y’all think this workout is rigorous? Seems like warmups to me when I was in school.not trying to be an *** just thinking out loud.
That’s exactly what I thought. Back in 1990, when I played b-ball for my high school, our warmups were way more grueling than that. We had to start our after school sessions by running 2 miles (our coach ran marathons as a hobby, and he would give us a head start of 1 mile), and if he beat anyone to the finish line, everyone had to run an extra mile.

Then we would go indoors, sprint all the way down the hallway from outside our school cafeteria to the library, and run up and down the huge stairs, then again by skipping one step each time, and repeat the whole thing. Then we were made to do a bunch of pushups, including having to hold the position until coach blew his whistle. Then after that, we sprinted back down the hallway all the way to our school gym, and that was just our warmup.

Then we would be put through a bunch of defensive drills, up/downs, a sitting plank against the wall with our arms stretched out in front of us, and finish off with suicides. If anyone loafed and didn’t give full effort, Coach would take us to the outside basketball courts and make us run suicides in the brutal heat.

The routine that this young man is doing has to be a warmup.

That’s exactly what I thought. Back in 1990, when I played b-ball for my high school, our warmups were way more grueling than that. We had to start our after school sessions by running 2 miles (our coach ran marathons as a hobby, and he would give us a head start of 1 mile), and if he beat anyone to the finish line, everyone had to run an extra mile.

Then we would go indoors, sprint all the way down the hallway from outside our school cafeteria to the library, and run up and down the huge stairs, then again by skipping one step each time, and repeat the whole thing. Then we were made to do a bunch of pushups, including having to hold the position until coach blew his whistle. Then after that, we sprinted back down the hallway all the way to our school gym, and that was just our warmup.

Then we would be put through a bunch of defensive drills, up/downs, a sitting plank against the wall with our arms stretched out in front of us, and finish off with suicides. If anyone loafed and didn’t give full effort, Coach would take us to the outside basketball courts and make us run suicides in the brutal heat.

The routine that this young man is doing has to be a warmup.
How long were your basketball practices? This reads like an hour of work before ever getting onto the court.

Advertisement
Back