Marcellius Pulliam Portal

Advertisement
I think this is a minority position, and I’m cool with that, but I don’t think Alderman is the the difference between 10 wins and 7. I still think our best path forward is to recruit top 5 classes and add difference makers to fill in holes. We are forcing guys out for short term rentals with marginally more talent imo. Our young guys get no burn and no opportunity to develop. Better win

Basically anyone not in the 2 deep is at risk after their first year. Not sure it was him or Smith. I think he saw where they were going in terms of recruits/portal and decided he wanted to try and secure more playing time/less risk of that.

Advertisement
And frankly, outside of Colbie, most of our transfers out aren’t landing at the UGA’s of the world
Exactly. (although I do think he'll end up at decent P4 school)

Miss St/Louisville/GT/Auburn were his other top 5.

At least be consistent people, especially when no one as yet posted any informed “facts” for reasons why….

Advertisement
I think this is a minority position, and I’m cool with that, but I don’t think Alderman is the the difference between 10 wins and 7. I still think our best path forward is to recruit top 5 classes and add difference makers to fill in holes. We are forcing guys out for short term rentals with marginally more talent imo. Our young guys get no burn and no opportunity to develop. Better win
I was a fan of his HS tape. That being said, BETTER WIN!

Advertisement
Alderman is 100% better rn than this kid but wish he can see the big picture of another year of development. Both guys move on after this year then he and Popo lock down as starters

Advertisement
Its going to be hard to recruit and develop young talent moving forward until something changes.

Why should we as fans care much about High school recruiting anymore?

@DMoney podcast on some TEs recently, im like what are the chances they finish their career at Miami? They may not even stay 2 years at Miami.
this is why saban left. fwiw, im fine with it. it is what it is. win any way you can, which is why i didnt clown Norvell for going all in on the portal bc guess what? were doing the same thing. it is the new CFB. HS recruiting is less important now overall outside of landing the truly elite day 1 difference makers (Bain type kids).

Do we know if he was even going to stick around regardless? We’ve brought in 5 talented LB’s the past two cycles and have 2 veteran starters. Was always going to be a numbers crunch

It's a good point. And by all accounts we are looking to bring in 2-3 more blue-chip LBs for 2025.

People will assume adding the LB was the cause of this because of the timing of the announcements. But, that ignores the fact these conversations with players about where they stand have been ongoing since the spring game, and further presumes a decision to leave hadn't already been made earlier.

Sucks because I thought the youngin had promise. I know Mario knows what he's doing but at the same time

He better know what he's doing pushing out recruited guys be it lower tier recruited guys

Advertisement
Back