Kevin smith salty ?!?!

Kiffin would troll Saban. But he was never disrespectful from what I can remember and never claimed he was mistreated by him. Almost like a little brother trolling his big brother. And this is just a hunch but I'll bet internally he'll always be grateful for Saban reviving his career.

Kiffin is more of an instigator/joker on social media.. Not too serious. Smith is taking personal cheap shots. I think what he's doing is below even Kiffin.

I don't know, I think that's a pretty narrow distinction. But that's fine.

I also think it's silly to have a PUBLIC social-media discussion with another former coach on the staff, instead of just saying these things privately. I'm not mad, I'm not being hyper-critical, it just seems...pathetic and unnecessary.

Advertisement
Smith is a lazy recruiter and Kiffin doesn't recruit high school kids, so it's a perfect fit

Whatever Mario is or isn't and whatever you think of Mario - I've been critical of the results so far - this is a horrible look from a professional. Get it together, man. Ultimately, Smith *chose* to come work for Mario. It didn't work out. He moved on. If Mario is what Smith says he is, Smith is now better off and Mario will show whatever Smith claims. Grown men who are responsible as mentors and models for younger men out there whining on Twitter in an unsolicited manner (this wasn't a response to a direct question or anything, as far as I can tell). At best, funny stuff.
Mario is obsessive about this stuff especially recruiting. hes 24/7. not an easy guy to work for.

Smith hates Mario. Mario is a fck and micro manager. Saban without the results

Mario has his faults but it’s funny that he is micro manager but he has a NFL HOFer who doesn’t need the $$$ and he has had multiple programs trying to poach him in Jason Taylor but he still works for him? LSU has 2 of his kids playing sports there and Ohio St (native Ohioan) offered him more $$$ and he said no thanks to even interviewing.

Advertisement
If Mario ****canned him I would understand but like 99.99% of Mario’s hires he Always let’s them land elsewhere instead of firing them (besides dirtbag Gattis). Really doesn’t make sense for Smith to do this given that.

He definitely took a subtle shot at TVD's leadership as a QB when praising Ward during the Spring but you can't tell me it wasn't warranted how he played last year
TVD just got to Wisconsin and the Head coach is already bluntly stating that TVD needs to be a leader in order to win the starting job. It's really not a shot. It's just the truth.

Screenshot_20240519_092005_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240519_092016_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240519_092026_Firefox.jpg

When did Kevin become a "lazy" recruiter, before or after Miami?

Advertisement
Mario is obsessive about this stuff especially recruiting. hes 24/7. not an easy guy to work for.
Miami isn’t an easy job regardless of Mario. Mario sets the expectations early because that is what’s required to succeed here. If you are laid back like our previous coaches you get canned.

For some reason people think coaching at the Big 3 easy. When every school is in your state recruiting and you have multiple D1 programs within the state you have to work that much harder. Couple that fixing our deeply rooted **** culture it’s takes a lot. And if guys are not on board they getting canned like Smith.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's understandable, Mario is a psycho and if his coaches can't match his work ethic it's just not going to work out. It's why Mario has to hire the up and coming coach with a lot to prove because they are ready to work and fully commit. I mean honestly that's how the best coaches are unless you are some Xs and Os genius like Lincoln Riley, Sark or Lane Kiffin. Kirby Smart, Dabo and Saban are both crazy hard workers who expect the same from their coaches.

Those coaches just have the proven pedigree of winning so they can push their coaches because the coaches know it will lead to winning and further their careers. Mario doesn't have that pedigree, coaches are not happy to do all that work and just win 5-7 games while not furthering their careers. So it makes sense that Kevin Smith is salty because he's just right back to where he started.

Mario has his faults but it’s funny that he is micro manager but he has a NFL HOFer who doesn’t need the $$$ and he has had multiple programs trying to poach him in Jason Taylor but he still works for him? LSU has 2 of his kids playing sports there and Ohio St (native Ohioan) offered him more $$$ and he said no thanks to even interviewing.
I wouldn't use JT as the example of how Mario may or may not micromanage or be tough to work for.

First, JT is not from Ohio. He's from PA.....and he's spent the better part of 30 years in Miami since joining the Dolphins in 97. Also, he just had a baby in 2021. So it's not overly surprising for a guy who played in and lives in Miami, with a young child to raise, to not want to move elsewhere to coach. As you said, he doesn't need the money, so location is likely the biggest draw for him.

Get the **** out of here with that bull****. He built brand-new and on-probation FIU into something before Pete Garcia ****ed him over, and he did a **** good job of rebuilding Oregon before coming back to his alma mater, and setting the table for Lanning's success.
First off I probably shouldn’t have messaged at 4:15… but I don’t take it back. Mario has been an on field train wreck for two years. Anyone who disagrees is disingenuous… For fckkkkk sake his clock management and micro management cost us GT, Nc State, Rutgers 🤮🤮🤮. When did our fans standards sink this low. Yes Mario works hard, harder than almost anyone I know, but results matter, so far they’ve been dog shtt tacos. We’re set up for success this year, with boosters and benefactors demanding results, myself included. The time is now! Let’s stop sucking him off about what he did elsewhere and worrying about his execution for this program.

View attachment 289894 View attachment 289895 View attachment 289896
When did Kevin become a "lazy" recruiter, before or after Miami?

Was just checking who hired such a lazy, salty, good for nothing, individual....

Advertisement
Back