MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

If you follow @Genetics56 on X, he's made it quite clear Miami will not be getting a P2 invite. He claims to be a well-placed insider - perhaps he is, perhaps he is not. I'd recommend reviewing his feed before making a judgement either way. But I get the sense that it is more than just "Miami is not as valuable as it once was." Rather, there is real movement to keep Miami out of the P2. Once Miami voted to let Cal, Stanford, and SMU join and also voted to let the ACC sue FSU, he was very public about not wanting Miami in the P2. (Funny he never said that about the other schools, but whatever.) He claims that the networks are not really interested in Miami (especially FOX).

His argument is that the P2 will break away, the rest will be left with a G8, and the G8 will be a "minor league" for CFB where players can develop and jump to the P2 to improve draft stock. He "lovingly" calls it the "kiddie table," a step above FCS tier football. ACC leftovers, B12, CUSA, etc., would get CW-network type deals, play on ESPN+, occasional regional TV exposure on odd nights (Tuesdays, Wednesdays) while B1G and SEC games dominate regional and national markets.

But obviously what concerns me is the underlying theme that, regardless of Miami's performance this year, they will be "locked out" of the P2 because there are schools/conferences/networks that want to see that. We might want to dismiss that out of hand because we remember the days when Miami drew big audiences (occasionally fans to the stadium too) and always want to say, "When Miami wins, people watch."

But is that enough? Culturally, Miami is unique. Small private school, small alumni base, South Florida - in some ways similar to USC but without the long tradition and rivalries (at least as long as USC-Notre Dame). And what's more, I don't find it implausible that there is a deep hatred, even loathing of the program. We joke, "The hate is real," but maybe it is not a joke.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but reading this guy and others, I don't get the sense that all Miami has to do is "win." A CFP playoff birth this year would not be enough to overcome the prejudice.

Get the **** out with that nonsense.

Genetics' new "sources" are F$U dip****s that continue to spew slander about Miami.

Move on.

Advertisement
Interesting concept that the ACC could kick out some of the **** schools and retool the broadcasting rights based upon a smaller number of schools that garner the most viewers and therefore $

https://mikefarrellsports.com/colle...amie-pollard-warns-of-b1g-sec-cannibalization
Can't wait for the concept to catch on with the B1G and SEC in the next 5-10 years.

flame thrower fire GIF

Advertisement
There is no doubt he has decent sources; however, he has been wrong before and he wasn’t aware of Washington and Oregon going to Big 10 until it went public. I wouldn’t put too much stock into everything he says.
You need to CAPITALIZE at least three words OR your post is NOT valid!

Advertisement
Thank you all for proving my point, but I’ll rephrase: CIS liked genetics a lot more when he said positive things about Miami. Now that FSU is the hot flavor, appear to be a clear leader on the way out to greener pastures and Miami’s lack of action is making even the biggest supporter sweat, some are B1G mad at genetics…

(Another Reality: genetics info has actually been a lot more all over the place since he started the ACC round of musical chairs… )

Last edited:
Thank you all for proving my point, but I’ll rephrase: CIS liked genetics a lot more when he said positive things about Miami. Now that FSU is the hot flavor, appear to be a clear leader on the way out to greener pastures and Miami’s lack of action is making even the biggest supporter sweat, some are B1G mad at genetics…

(Another Reality: genetics info has actually been a lot more all over the place since he started the ACC round of musical chairs… )
This could be said of anyone, but the truth is probably that more people saw that if you wait 4 weeks, he'll have a different opinion of almost anyone. The latest about-face he's made is on the Cal-Stanford B1G status. Now, they're apparently in if they can wait six years and take a 1/4 share, and Stanford is working on ways to get out of the ACC. Just a few weeks ago, he claimed they were never coming because Fox would say no, they bring nothing, etc.

With UM, it was always ND and UM because they are AAU members, until he claimed the AAU didn't matter that much, or FSU is "close" to getting AAU status, or Clemson is in a growing part of the country, etc. so they don't need to be part of the AAU. Once he adopted the FSU -B1G inevitability argument, suddenly the B1G or SEC wouldn't take UM because it is in Florida and you don't need two FL schools (ignoring the SEC's inclusion of Texas and the B1G's admission of UCLA/USC). Now, he's on to his "flagship" theory where only the bigger state schools are getting into the P2, but Stanford to the B1G is an exception because they'll come cheap and have great Olympic sports (ignoring the facts he previously said only football matters and only Fox will decide, Fox doesn't like Stanford, and that Cal is truly the flagship university in California).

I agree that he does appear to get some information ahead of time, and that he does have more knowledge than most of us who didn't work for a university. But he's all about driving revenue for his X account and the best way to do that is to appease his FSU fans and their incessant need to believe they're better than everyone. IF they or Clemson stumble this year and nobody is watching their games, he'll adopt the next theory about who will join the super B1G.

Advertisement

When was FSU not the clear leader on the way out?

Genetics went off the rails when he started buying everything that Warchant was selling about Miami.

Oh, **** off with your ridiculous pot-stirring.

Even when Genetics "said positive things about Miami", he would immediately follow it with something negative or cryptic. He never had a solid week-to-10-days where he was "saying positive things about Miami".

Just cut the crap. Nobody is "big mad at Genetics". People have been tired of his schizophrenic predictions from the very outset. It's the reason why Miami fans (and others) have been begging for his tidbits of "clarification" for over a year.

Nobody has "proven your point" because you don't have an accurate point.

Last edited:

Tv Land 90Ies GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back