MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
But you have to admit, there is close to zero reason for most to trust that those cards are ready to play high limit poker vs go fish…

Right now, we’re fishing for a P2 seat…
There's a lot reasons why people don't trust admin. I understand.

On this issue I do, because there are some highly competent people driving this process.

Congratulations on re-Googling "synergy" after adding a couple of words related to your first results.

It's like that time when you were shopping for ******, and then you narrowed your search by adding the words "really big".
1000001310.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes- problem is the network makes money on the number of Big 10 network subscribers in the state (as far I as understand how the carriage fee stuff works). I think FSU has a much larger fanbase across the state of Florida than UM, so that means a lot more subscribers, meaning a lot more money if they take FSU.
I used to think you were just being a troll but now I know was just being kind. Trying to give information to you is pointless so I’m not even gonna bother trying to go back-and-forth and refute with you because it’s absolutely ******* pointless so I will just say how ******* wrong you are and how clueless you are on this subject.

Have a nice day.

Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

Advertisement
Why do you keep saying bull**** like this?

Does F$U produce more graduates? Yes. But the comparative fanbases of Miami, F$U, and Florida are fairly similar. You don't have to be an alum to be a fan. Miami is dominant in the population-heavy SoFla area, and The Gator, F$U, UCF, and USF split up the rest of the state.

And you absolutely refuse to factor in synergy. Thus, if the Big 10 Network were to get "1M more subscribers" by taking F$U "first", and at a higher carriage fee, THEY WOULD STILL GET A HIGHER CARRIAGE FEE WHEN THEY ADD UM AND THEIR 500K SUBSCRIBERS. Particularly if you add the two schools AT THE SAME TIME because the mother****ing cable companies can't tell whether a customer is a Miami fan or an F$U fan.

Similarly, if the Big 10 took UM "first" with its 500K subscribers, and then added F$U and its 1M subscribers, THEY WOULD SIMILARLY GET A HIGHER CARRIAGE FEE, particularly if both schools come in at once.

I'm not sure why the hardheads don't understand this. To be completely honest, YOU COULD ALSO HAVE SOME ADDITIONAL BIG 10 FANS IN FLORIDA WHO BECOME NEW SUBSCRIBERS, because now they will actually be able to see some games being played near where they live.

I'm just confused by how some posters think that cable subscribers are the "property" of various universities, as if there is only ONE REASON why they would suddenly subscribe to a channel.

The Big 10 needs to ENTER Florida. Then, as many NEW subscribers as they can bring will result in HIGHER carriage fees. Why buy half the loaf when you can get the whole loaf?
And too many are getting way too caught up on carriage fees in an industry that is imploding. It is about eyeballs wherever they may be wherever the rights owner has them- national - especially for the fox BIG10 deal. It’s not just about the market. It’s not just about the carriage fees. It’s not just about the matchups. It’s not just about the rivalries. It’s not just about the academic and cultural fit. It’s not just about the last 10 years. You can say whatever you want and right now Florida State has better TV ratings lately and that is a fact but it is also a fact that Miami has sucked for 20 years and it’s pretty much established the floor of their ratings and they are still top 25 nationally in a world where the big 2 currently have 34 members. Clemson has been good for 10 years and has pretty much just established their zenith in a world where they were fairly irrelevant for the 30 years before despite having a pretty cool home stadium experience for games. Florida state people act like they didn’t have half empty stadiums four years ago.
Some of the opinions in here are not just a matter of different views. They are just flat out stupid.

What's incredible to me is in the BIG10 "super league" that wants all this power when it comes to the football playoff and seeds you still have:

Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Northwestern
Purdue
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana

It's almost half the league. To me, that's the bulls*** in all this.
Let me tell you about really stupid kids being born to rich parents

Advertisement
Back