2025 Tywan Cox, CB - Miami Northwestern (Miami, FL) offered

Advertisement
I hope Ewald looks like the elite CB he is billed as this season. I didn't see it.

Admittedly I don’t know much about scouting/projecting DBs but I have been wondering why Ewald is thought of so highly? His 100 time was reported to be 11.5+, Ivins on 247 said he measured in at 5-11.5 (multiple times) 162lbs and a wingspan of 6-3.

So bad long end speed, below average height (for boundary corner), and average wingspan.

I get that he is a multi year starter at an elite program and that he has put up good numbers (6 picks and 32 PBUs as a Soph and JR). But what makes him elite and what will translate to the next level?

I’m not trying to dog the kid, I mean Harbaugh wouldn’t have taken his commitment that early if he didn’t see something. Just trying to understand the why.

To my untrained eye, Ewald reminds me of Ricky Knight from last year that signed with FSU. Both have eerily similar 100 times, size/weight, played at elite HS programs, etc. Supposedly FSU is already thinking of moving him to Safety.

Admittedly I don’t know much about scouting/projecting DBs but I have been wondering why Ewald is thought of so highly? His 100 time was reported to be 11.5+, Ivins on 247 said he measured in at 5-11.5 (multiple times) 162lbs and a wingspan of 6-3.

So bad long end speed, below average height (for boundary corner), and average wingspan.

I get that he is a multi year starter at an elite program and that he has put up good numbers (6 picks and 32 PBUs as a Soph and JR). But what makes him elite and what will translate to the next level?

I’m not trying to dog the kid, I mean Harbaugh wouldn’t have taken his commitment that early if he didn’t see something. Just trying to understand the why.

To my untrained eye, Ewald reminds me of Ricky Knight from last year that signed with FSU. Both have eerily similar 100 times, size/weight, played at elite HS programs, etc. Supposedly FSU is already thinking of moving him to Safety.
Ewald does not look like a starting P4 corner. I've seen people mention safety but he doesn't look physical either. Hoping these other CB evals win out.

I’ve watched Chaminade play a few times and I’ve never been super impressed with Ewald. He seems like a player that can make a Jaden Davis type impact while in college. He can be serviceable but imo he isn’t a high end early NFL game changing corner.

Here’s the hard truth we all know where we want to be and to get to that stage you need Ben Hanks and DJ Pickett. Ewald would be a solid CB 3 or CB 4 in the class. Then you stack guys at that same level of Hanks and Pickett next class. That allows you to let Ewald sink or swim.

I’ve watched Chaminade play a few times and I’ve never been super impressed with Ewald. He seems like a player that can make a Jaden Davis type impact while in college. He can be serviceable but imo he isn’t a high end early NFL game changing corner.

Here’s the hard truth we all know where we want to be and to get to that stage you need Ben Hanks and DJ Pickett. Ewald would be a solid CB 3 or CB 4 in the class. Then you stack guys at that same level of Hanks and Pickett next class. That allows you to let Ewald sink or swim.
He's better than Jaden Davis and has more potential imo.

CJ will be 6'0+ 180 his freshman year with alot of growth potential weight wise.

He isnt afraid to mix it up.

Hes a for sure cb3-4 type i agree and i'm probably the most bias for him on here.

To me at minimum you have to land one of Hanks or Pickett (if u see picket as a cb prospect). If Pickett is a safety..a guy like Dixson from Cali, Merritt (bama), Gilbert

I think Cox and Aiding, Adonyss Currie should be fighting it out for that final spot...Im in the opinion you bring in 4 cbs in this class..Load p flipping the room

Advertisement
He's better than Jaden Davis and has more potential imo.

CJ will be 6'0+ 180 his freshman year with alot of growth potential weight wise.

He isnt afraid to mix it up.

Hes a for sure cb3-4 type i agree and i'm probably the most bias for him on here.

To me at minimum you have to land one of Hanks or Pickett (if u see picket as a cb prospect). If Pickett is a safety..a guy like Dixson from Cali, Merritt (bama), Gilbert

I think Cox and Aiding, Adonyss Currie should be fighting it out for that final spot...Im in the opinion you bring in 4 cbs in this class..Load p flipping the room

I’m firmly on the 4 corner train this cycle. I’ve heard people way closer to Ewald than I am compare him to DJ Ivey.i wanna be very clear id love for him to be in this class we just need to pair him with at least one other big fish preferably 2

I just don't see any indication that we're recruiting this kid very seriously. No reported visits, no OV scheduled, never comes up in The Bank.

I’m firmly on the 4 corner train this cycle. I’ve heard people way closer to Ewald than I am compare him to DJ Ivey.i wanna be very clear id love for him to be in this class we just need to pair him with at least one other big fish preferably 2
DJ had like freakish length though. But i can see maybe somewhat in play style.

Yea you pair CJ with a big dog and let him develop. Hes not a plug n play right now but he has high floor in my opinion.

Hanks, Wallace, Cox. Plus Pickett obviously and one of:

Adoniss Currie
Trystan Haynes
Tim Merritt
Mason Alexander
Shamari Earls
Jaboree Antoine

Please & thank you @Chevis Jackson.
Would like to run this back now.

Hanks, Pickett, + 3 of:

- Tim Merritt
- Jaboree Antione
- Adonyss Currie
- Aidan Anding
- Tywan Cox
- Blake Woodby
- Andrew Purcell
- Donovan Starr
- Daryus Dixson
- Graceson Littleton
- Chris Ewald

of the uncommitted & offered targets.

edit: *currently realized i ****ed up the uncommitted with Jaboree Antione but he's one of few committed setting up an OV at the moment.*

Advertisement
DJ had like freakish length though. But i can see maybe somewhat in play style.

Yea you pair CJ with a big dog and let him develop. Hes not a plug n play right now but he has high floor in my opinion.
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA
@Confidence1000

Advertisement
Back