The Bank (5/10)

View as article
Advertisement
This is not an easy schedule. What the schedule lacks is top end, i.e., there is no juggernaut on it. But we don't really have a gimme outside of FAMU. None of the other games are a cakewalk, or amount to a week off.

We play a schedule loaded with teams that should win 7 games. That means that, while we SHOULD win a lot of games, we must play well in order to do so. We can't have an "off" week and expect to win.

The schedule is manageable, but not easy.
It’s pretty easy.

I get what you’re saying…not a lot of “cupcakes”. But realistically, with the expectations we have…this schedule does not have a lot of teams that are exceptional on either side of the ball. 7 wins is average in college football. That means you lost 5 games.

Syracuse for example, has a win total at 7 not because they’re going to be better, but because their schedule is trash. UConn, Stanford, Holy Cross, Ohio, UNLV, Pitt, Cal…like these are all teams expected to be bleh. They don’t play Clemson, FSU, SMU, UNC, or Louisville.

Duke at 6.5, they play Northwestern, UConn, Elon, Midd Tennessee, Wake…all bad teams.

We’re scarred from the last two decades in terms of what a good team actually looks like. With this roster, it’s expected to beat those 6-7 projected win teams by two scores fairly routinely, closer to 17 points to be honest. God forbid we win by 20+.

I refuse to let the past change narratives for this year. This roster is made to win against middle of the pack ACC teams, and win convincingly at that.

This is not an easy schedule. What the schedule lacks is top end, i.e., there is no juggernaut on it. But we don't really have a gimme outside of FAMU. None of the other games are a cakewalk, or amount to a week off.

We play a schedule loaded with teams that should win 7 games. That means that, while we SHOULD win a lot of games, we must play well in order to do so. We can't have an "off" week and expect to win.

The schedule is manageable, but not easy.

While I see where you're coming from, it's easier than last season's, and it's easier than most (all?) of the teams in the P2 would play. So if we want to be a Top 12 team, we need to win against a schedule like this.

It’s pretty easy.

I get what you’re saying…not a lot of “cupcakes”. But realistically, with the expectations we have…this schedule does not have a lot of teams that are exceptional on either side of the ball. 7 wins is average in college football. That means you lost 5 games.

Syracuse for example, has a win total at 7 not because they’re going to be better, but because their schedule is trash. UConn, Stanford, Holy Cross, Ohio, UNLV, Pitt, Cal…like these are all teams expected to be bleh. They don’t play Clemson, FSU, SMU, UNC, or Louisville.

Duke at 6.5, they play Northwestern, UConn, Elon, Midd Tennessee, Wake…all bad teams.

We’re scarred from the last two decades in terms of what a good team actually looks like. With this roster, it’s expected to beat those 6-7 projected win teams by two scores fairly routinely, closer to 17 points to be honest. God forbid we win by 20+.

I refuse to let the past change narratives for this year. This roster is made to win against middle of the pack ACC teams, and win convincingly at that.
I agree that we should be favored in the vast majority of these games, and win them. We should win 10 games, yes.

I don't think it's going to be easy, and I don't see many blowouts on the schedule.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back