Official Rules Changes: 2022 Edition

Advertisement
There have been many games where it was obvious, but I’ve never seen a game where the team didn’t bother to hide it like FIU. It was so bad the athletic trainers were running onto the field laughing and high fiving the injured player while he was still lying on the ground.
I remember.

How do you separate real from fake?

They haven't seemed to figure this out in soccer, with leagues all over the world and every motivation to prevent fake injuries.
Agreed.

I would rule any injury requiring the training staff come out on the field, or the player drops to the ground, requires the player be removed from the game for the duration of the possession. Maybe two possessions.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I would rule any injury requiring the training staff come out on the field, or the player drops to the ground, requires the player be removed from the game for the duration of the possession. Maybe two possessions.
It’s really the only way to do it. We don’t need referees deciding whether or not an injury is real.

Yes, FIU was quite ridiculous, done repetitively in an obvious flaunting of there being no enforceable rule against it. Has there been another game where this occurred?
Yes georgia teck at home last year quite obvious 1 guy even faked an injury after a long tv timeout before anotherplay was even run I yelled it must of been an emotional injury

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back