Omier enters name in NBA draft

And that's why I fully understand why he's leaving. I'm going to miss him, he's a 'Cane, but this is a business, and I'll never have a problem with someone getting the bag. As I said in a previous post, I'm willing to bet dude got what can be considered life changing money + perks and the chance to play at a blue blood for a year.
If the St John’s rumors are true, they aren’t a blue blood.

Advertisement
So it seems consensus is that the exit of Omier to portal is solely an NIL $ issue. Not saying any more, (since Ruiz) that we have an NIL-wallet problem especially with basketball again, but I will say it's clear our NIL-wallet isn't exactly "overflowing". Give Give Give!

A former historic power currently led by a legend, that is going all in before said legend hangs it up for good. St. Johns is trying to recapture the glory and I'm willing to bet they are willing to overpay to get there, because it's been a long, long time since they were anywhere near relevant. Keep in mind, I'm in my late 30s, the Mike Jarvis years was back when I was in middle school, and that wasn't even STJ at their apex, that was back when my father was in high school. That Wall Street, Manhattan money is long and STJ is finally playing to win, something they haven't done in decades.

A former historic power currently led by a legend, that is going all in before said legend hangs it up for good. St. Johns is trying to recapture the glory and I'm willing to bet they are willing to overpay to get there, because it's been a long, long time since they were anywhere near relevant. Keep in mind, I'm in my late 30s, the Mike Jarvis years was back when I was in middle school, and that wasn't even STJ at their apex, that was back when my father was in high school. That Wall Street, Manhattan money is long and STJ is finally playing to win, something they haven't done in decades.
they was trying like **** with vj as well

Made me think of Chris Mullen.

Advertisement
So it seems consensus is that the exit of Omier to portal is solely an NIL $ issue. Not saying any more, (since Ruiz) that we have an NIL-wallet problem especially with basketball again, but I will say it's clear our NIL-wallet isn't exactly "overflowing". Give Give Give!
Didnt get the draft grade he wanted. Wants to make more money. I get it. He can play anywhere.

I think Ruiz cared about hoops more than others did around the program and that resulted in more NIL money

I thought his NIL opportunities are limited because he is a non citizen.

Top ten in all time wins. We play in the Mecca. Pitino is the coach. Mike Repole is our "Life Wallet" and he is backing Rick financially.

Word around the campfire is he is a fringe 2nd round / UD player, and can benefit from another year of development.

Playing under Coach L and Pitino is as good as it gets. So hopefully he commits to us, and develops into an NBA (most likely solid Euro) llayer, and we can all reminisce on his days playing CBB.

You arguably got the best years out of him with the elite eight and final four runs.

It's our turn, sir.

Check this piece out:

If you are ****ed about Omier, how you think seton hall feels about (Brooklyn's own) Kadary Richmond?

New era... money talks and walks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think it's a "Miami can't afford Norchad" situation, it's more a "We aren't going to blow the entire NIL budget on one good, but hardly spectacular player" situation. Norchad is a very good collegiate basketball player, but he isn't the kind of player that can carry a team by himself, and that's the kind of player you blow your entire NIL budget on. Blue Bloods have a bottomless budget, they are paying players big money to sit on the bench, Miami will never do that. Miami has competitive NIL, not "New York Yankees on a spending spree" NIL.
If Norchad could carry a team, we won't have lost as many games in a row this past year. He is an excellent complementary piece. He was perfect with Wong and Miller as your two primary guys. He needs to find the right fit.

If Norchad could carry a team, we won't have lost as many games in a row this past year. He is an excellent complementary piece. He was perfect with Wong and Miller as your two primary guys. He needs to find the right fit.
The biggest problem was we had to put a leash on him because there was zero bench help. So he couldn’t play his game all year and still got 17-10. If he was on this team we’re building right now we would be final four contenders again.

The biggest problem was we had to put a leash on him because there was zero bench help. So he couldn’t play his game all year and still got 17-10. If he was on this team we’re building right now we would be final four contenders again.

Norchad is a fantastic person and player… but he is not a guy who can carry a team. He was very turnover prone when trying to get a bucket on his own.

Top ten in all time wins. We play in the Mecca. Pitino is the coach. Mike Repole is our "Life Wallet" and he is backing Rick financially.

Word around the campfire is he is a fringe 2nd round / UD player, and can benefit from another year of development.

Playing under Coach L and Pitino is as good as it gets. So hopefully he commits to us, and develops into an NBA (most likely solid Euro) llayer, and we can all reminisce on his days playing CBB.

You arguably got the best years out of him with the elite eight and final four runs.

It's our turn, sir.

Check this piece out:

If you are ****ed about Omier, how you think seton hall feels about (Brooklyn's own) Kadary Richmond?

New era... money talks and walks.
Omier was at Arkansas State when we went to the Elite Eight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back