Coaching Jimmy Johnson has something to say about swagger

Advertisement
Every year, these offseason clips reel me back into a child-like mindset where I think have a chance to compete with the likes of Bama, Georgia, Clemson, etc.. and then the season starts.

This year feels different tho..... again.... but real this time..... like really really real this time!

God bless JJ
REAL talk...I swear I get flashbacks to the Al Golden years and can't believe how much Kool-Aid I drank at times...

Advertisement
I mean call me crazy, but haven't we heard this same speech a hundred times from guys like Jimmy Johnson and Michael Irvin over the past few decades?

All this "run through a wall" talk—what am I missing here?

The ONLY reason this hits harder now; because a guy like Mario Cristobal is running the show—ready to instill that mindset and attitude in practice, day in an day out.

What good did it do the program when Irvin came in before that Florida State game in 2005—barking about being down 19-3, doing one's job and not letting any man control your destiny, en route to the 26-25 comeback for that national championship caliber team—only to watch Miami lay a 10-7 egg, a 14-10 loss to Georgia Tech at season's end and a 40-3 ***-kicking to LSU in the bowl game.

The blueprint for success means nothing if not implemented. Cristobal will put JJ's words to work daily—and THAT is exciting.

Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

Plenty will jump on board but for those of us who suffered through these 20 years, it’s gonna be extra gratifying seeing us rise back to the top. We bak’ish.

How about us that have suffered for the 20 yrs BEFORE we ran things too….we’ve been through TWO 20 year stints of sHT play….

But like you it just feels different….I need that Phil Collins “ in the air tonight “ playing at practice…

Advertisement
Back