JHH Portal signs with SMU

Advertisement
I don’t think our freshman are ready to take the starter spot or Moten either. You’d have to get Barrow to beat the sting of this, but imo he is LSU’s
Not so fast my friend........Cmon! Already conceding? You know we're going to come with it on his visit. LFG!!!!

Simeon Barrow is going to LSU. Heard the $ already hit before he ever hit the portal. Dad got paid behind the scenes too. Visits are a cover up to free them from tampering.

Hope our eggs aren’t in that basket.
Seriously? He's gone to LSU before hearing our pitch? We are in this to win this.

Last edited:

Says FSU, A&M, Mizzou, Tennessee and of course Lashlee at SMU have reached out.

His #1 priority is……development. Wants to be developed for the next level. Hmmmm. I’ll wait for the comments.
That's just straight up comedy gold! Development? I'm sure by development JHH means he wants someone to help him develop a solid portfolio.

Advertisement
Feels like JHH and his reps overestimated his value......
Alternate theory, perhaps his NIL deal at Miami wasn’t going to be what he just got - no matter what you guys all think

I don’t know specifically in his case, but it has been well reported that multiple players on Miami have had their Nil deals cut back without being also asked to just leave the program

Broadly, not every kid going into the portal is being forced in or choosing to go in to make more money – there is a group in purgatory somewhere in between where they’re making a business decision based off of the fact that the school has already made a business decision

Last edited:
Advertisement
SMU, as unorthodox as it sounds, could one day be a major player in football. They've got deep pockets, as evidenced by them raising 100 million in 7 days to cover joining the ACC as a school without getting a full share payout from the conference. Hope the move pays off for him.

Advertisement
SMU, as unorthodox as it sounds, could one day be a major player in football. They've got deep pockets, as evidenced by them raising 100 million in 7 days to cover joining the ACC as a school without getting a full share payout from the conference. Hope the move pays off for him.
It's not unorthodox at all. Before the death penalty they were a powerhouse. It's taken a **** of a long time to rebuild but they have the resources.

Advertisement
Back