JHH Portal signs with SMU

Advertisement
Your description of our edge as alright undermines your credibility.

I'd disagree.

There's been talk of Mesidor moving inside. Bain, I bet he'll see all the positions. Then what's left that's a proven commodity? Depth isn't there, an injury or two and there's none.

When we were good, we had guys ready to step in. That's my bar and unfortunately, we aren't anywhere close to that. You also never count freshman here.

He tells Noles247.com that schools like Florida State, Texas A&M, Missouri, Tennessee and SMU have reached out in the hours since his name hit the portal database on Tuesday.

So, he’s going to FSU to come off the bench behind Farmer and DJack? Makes sense. He was attempting to take advantage of our thin DT room after he already asked for a raise in December. He’s inconsistent and not much better than Cook and Gore. I’m glad the coaches said no thanks.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 9.49.58 PM.png

We sure it was a money thing? SMU is a weird choice for first OV if he wants to be paid highly. Unless all the other schools that contacted him are offering 3rd sting DT money and SMU is offering 1st team DT money (by their standards)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
SMU has oil money.. that will eventually be recouped from ACC. The time to get on that train is now. I could see them being heavy hitters in portal.
Eventually? They dont get a dime for like 7 yrs, and by then acc will be dead lol

But that goes to show they have money

SMU was the original pay-for-play bad boy of college football. And before the NCAA hit them with the worst sanctions ever, that small private school in Dallas had a top 30 endowment in the mid-1980s. And even after all that ugliness they are currently about half a billion ahead of UM in endowment.

And it's not just oil money, it's multiple industries. Google billionaire Gerald J. Ford to get a sense of the scope of booster support $$$ SMU has. He is just one of 15 super-boosters that financed SMU's move to the ACC. I wouldn't underestimate their resources and willingness to spend.

Advertisement
SMU was the original pay-for-play bad boy of college football. And before the NCAA hit them with the worst sanctions ever, that small private school in Dallas had a top 30 endowment in the mid-1980s. And even after all that ugliness they are currently about half a billion ahead of UM in endowment.

And it's not just oil money, it's multiple industries. Google billionaire Gerald J. Ford to get a sense of the scope of booster support $$$ SMU has. He is just one of 15 super-boosters that financed SMU's move to the ACC. I wouldn't underestimate their resources and willingness to spend.

All of that is why they agreed to not getting ACC money for however many years they won't. They literally lined up the money to cover what they'll lose in that time already.

Yes, SMU is rolling in the dough. Solid post.

LOL we're really still doing this?
Jones and Scott can play - they will gain a quick 15-20 lbs before the season--- LT played great as a freshman (shoulda had more snaps )and so did bain and greg

these people hating on 5 stars saying they cant play are the same lame fans that want jacolby george off the team for a speeding ticket and are angry at him for getting flags in a bowl game vs Rutgers for showing passion (which is why he is so good and the culture is changing) but yea we good on the d line - they will ball out and we can come back to this thread -- Mario is getting right this season we Gucci

Jones and Scott can play - they will gain a quick 15-20 lbs before the season--- LT played great as a freshman (shoulda had more snaps )and so did bain and greg

these people hating on 5 stars saying they cant play are the same lame fans that want jacolby george off the team for a speeding ticket and are angry at him for getting flags in a bowl game vs Rutgers for showing passion (which is why he is so good and the culture is changing) but yea we good on the d line - they will ball out and we can come back to this thread -- Mario is getting right this season we Gucci

You take it to extremes.

Who said they hate five stars? Most on here just think it’s bad roster management to depend on / expect Francis or Bain production out of your first years no matter how talented. Looks like the staff agrees given their all out push on the MSU transfers.

Yes a bunch of us were ****ed at George for getting arrested speeding by some local yokel cops in an area generally hostile to Canes. The other two from that Manny class - Brinson and Smith — had already bugged out, it’s not too much of a stretch to infer the kid wasn’t learning life lessons. But Beard has it under control and I don’t think anyone on here wants to see him fail.

Agree on your final point. Mario is going all in. Really hope he closes out this portal class strong and we never look back.

Advertisement
Back