Coaching Good breakdown of Mirabal's run game.

Advertisement
Does it make sense to have other offensive coaches onboard if you haven’t hired an OC yet? I’m wondering because we’re talking about Mirabal’s run game without knowing what kind of run game the eventual OC might favor.

Offensive minded HC isn't likely to hire someone with a radically different offensive philosophy than the one that got him to be a highly sought after HC. This is an acknowledgment he see's how badly Miami's needed to focus on the O-line. This has a ripple effect; longer drives keep the D off the field and fresh.

Does it make sense to have other offensive coaches onboard if you haven’t hired an OC yet? I’m wondering because we’re talking about Mirabal’s run game without knowing what kind of run game the eventual OC might favor.
Or maybe Mario already knows who the OC is and knows Mirabal will mesh with him....

Coach Mirabal is the man. I remember he and Mario brought in some of our guys for a private clinic when he was at FIU. Went over a bunch of drills, technique and schemes with their inside zone game. We came away extremely impressed. Really, their whole operation was generally impressive, all things considered.

Advertisement
Shouldnt be an issue, whoever the OC is if he has a certain scheme he wants to run, he just teaches it to his other coaches and they go out and execute. Or they gameplan and blend their ideas together if one has a astrong suit in one thing or another.. Plus its not that many different things you can run anyways, just how you teach it/execute it.

Offensive minded HC isn't likely to hire someone with a radically different offensive philosophy than the one that got him to be a highly sought after HC. This is an acknowledgment he see's how badly Miami's needed to focus on the O-line. This has a ripple effect; longer drives keep the D off the field and fresh.
👆100% this.

Advertisement
Mirabal can coach the O-Line up to whatever the team needs. He has had elite run blocking units and elite pass blocking units throughout his entire career.

The Bal Brothers are joined at the hip.
Sure everyones going to get along just fine..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back