D’Angelo Ponds JMU CB (via Chaminade) Commits to Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Adding extra pounds is one thing.

Adding extra inches will be another matter entirely.
Parks And Recreation Donna GIF

The competition will be a step up but let’s not pretend our garbage schedule in our garbage conference is some kind of gauntlet of playoff teams. He’s a smaller corner who will be going up against smaller slot receivers. It’s not like he’s some D2 kid jumping into the SEC.
It’s not a gauntlet but it’s a mega difference then where he plays imo (overall it’s a step up). Even if it’s the trash acc there are some competitive teams yearly. But obviously the best acc team will lose 63-3 to UGA

The competition will be a step up but let’s not pretend our garbage schedule in our garbage conference is some kind of gauntlet of playoff teams. He’s a smaller corner who will be going up against smaller slot receivers. It’s not like he’s some D2 kid jumping into the SEC.
Yeah? GT, UNC, UVA, NCST, did I leave anyone out? It's been a gauntlet for our team.

Advertisement
What the fug is happening here??
What's happening is pretty obvious.

There are two posters who seem determined to die on the "he small he bad" hill, and a host of other guys trying to coax those two to safety (using facts, data, simple logic, and even film [the film is in the other thread though - go look, please]).

Me? I say just let them get trampled by the oncoming cavalry charge (but I'm a sick ****).

Maybe Tre’vius Hodges Tomlinson, Donte Jackson, or ideally Antoine Winfield as comps for Ponds. Former Cane Bruce Johnson maybe…
Winfield was an absolute beast. He was the best tackling corner and one of the hardest hitters pound for pound that I’ve ever seen. I still remember the sound when he **** near killed Michigan’s TE in ‘97, it sounded like a high speed car crash.

Advertisement
The nfl and cfb always adjust to a trend.
The slot is being used a lot more than ever. This dude would be a **** blanket as a nickel imo.

He played in the same conference as the kid from Marshall that this board circle jerked over when he committed.

Advertisement
Not sure if it's already been covered but it's he currently still 165? Hopefully he can put on a little good weight without losing any ability.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back