Off-Topic The pizza thread

Advertisement
Next time I make a deep dish from scratch, imma post it. I make everything from scratch including the dough, sausage, & sauce (pause). Won’t or dont even need to buy one again; I make it for when family come in to town from the Midwest.
Relly I have a question.I’ve never had deep dish and don’t think I’d like it with all the dough but my question.

Is deep dish a lot of dough with the cheese,sausage pepperoni whatever just on top or is there cheese and other ingredients all through all that dough?

I'm not surprised. But Zach (and others who believe the same as he) are wrong. I've said this twice in the thread: The Spirit of God does not strengthen the outer man; we do that by bodily exercise. The Spirit of God strengthens the inner man. It's Christianity 101, dude.
IMG_4804.jpeg

When I read the JC reference, I knew the Holy Spirit of this thread would be Risen. Kudos to the kid for having and expressing his faith. I understand both sides of the expressed opinions. I've come to believe that faith and religion are not the same.....

I wonder if Zach's favorite grunge song is Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns from Mother Love Bone.

Advertisement
This how you make yours?

Have to say this was first time seeing it made

Yeah, pretty much. The only tweaks r

1. I make a quick sausage from scratch w/ combo blend (pause)

2. I break up said sausage (pause) into super thin patties & spiral them around

3. I add a combo of thinly sliced Mozzarella (full fat) + a freshly shredded Mozzarella (low moisture) to give it a true cheese pull

4. It’s sacrilegious, but on top of the sausage I add large, thinly sliced pepperoni (pause)

5. I tend to really make the walls of the pizza thin, & not as thick, and I also add this butter bath I concocted at the base before adding the Mozzarella.

But the process, yeah, this is spot on. It’s actually a two day process b/c u have to let the dough ferment w/ the yeast & the quick sausage needs to dry out & infuse a bit w/ all of the seasonings used. (Pause)

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s kind of SAD that a country founded on the believe in God - kid professes his love for His Christian believes out loud proudly ; And he is deemed the weird one.

Yet, we have made it completely acceptable for unhinged Soros backed kids /screaming Anti-semetic rhetoric, holding weak colleges hostage, and rally for Hamas terrorist the “normal voice of reason and compassion “..
Agreed although I don’t want to go down that rabbit hole on this forum.

I’m old enough to remember when people practiced their faith quietly. Now two minutes can’t go by without someone proselytizing. These newly saved must have skipped Matthew Chapter 6.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Deep dish = casserole. Period. Nothing wrong with a nice casserole, but it's not pizza.
Very True being Italian, I meant anything with bread, marinara sauce, meat and cheese I can eat.

If I had to for financial reasons, I’d still eat “Totinos” like in college!

There are so many better “Pizza’s” than what Chicago calls 🍕. Like you said the “Casserole” has all the proportions of Pizza off. But I have visited some very nice Pizza places in Italy (very good), actually prefer American style pizza.

The blasphemy!! My Nonna from Sicily would slap me aside the head. “Stunod”!

But I have visited some very nice Pizza places in Italy (very good), actually prefer American style pizza.

The blasphemy!! My Nonna from Sicily would slap me aside the head. “Stunod”!
100% agree. Have had pizza from Naples, Sicily, Florence and Rome. All fantastic pizzas in their own right.... but I'd take several of the more well known New Haven or New York spots before them. Couple spots in Boston I'd put ahead as well.

Last edited:
Not what I expected to see when I came back in here. LOL. Should have known Zach Carpenter convo alone wouldnt warrant 3 pages.

His whole Porst was confusing and contradictory.
No. Fairly easy to understand, in fact.

He starts out by saying “He hates churches - which is odd. There are many smaller churches, spiritual gatherings that push more about love/ And how the Christian life is about being emphatic, compassionate, and sense of community. They play a vital role in some local communities.
There's absolutely nothing odd about hating churces, especially christian ones. People hate apples or bananas and I hate churches. True, they play a vital role in local communites, but that's on a both negative and positive note. And there's a very long historical list of things to strongly dislike about the Christian church, both big and small ones. That's just it, if you don't get that, don't. No hard feelings.

So I take that loss while , asking @Bender what do you believe In? And what’s wrong with a Christian professing his love for Christ? With all the real craziness going on the world today?
I never said or stated that there was something wrong with a person professing his beliefs or his love for beliefs, in fact, I reasoned why belief can move rocks and can elevate someone into something neither he/she nor anyone else could have seen coming. And that's regardless of how I feel.

As for my beliefs, I believe in the strength and the ability of humans. I believe anyone can become great in the endeavor that they choose and love to pursue, which is the key to success overall.

Advertisement
Back