Coach Mirabal goes in-depth on the offensive line

View as article
Advertisement
Fantastic interview….goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway. OL is in good hands. FINALLY building quality depth.

How’s the kid Tripp developing?
Good question and I'll add Tinalau to that as well. I honestly haven't heard a peep about either which is strange despite their youth and the fact that they are both redshirt freshmen.

I think the center will be the weak link.
Right side will be much improved.
Left will be a tad weaker at LG.
All in all it will grade out about the same as last year.
Carpenter has a lot of P5 starts and that matters. Depends what on what Markel and Samson do. Maybe one pushes
Jalen or CiCi inside. This has the makings athletically as one of the nation's best.

Good question and I'll add Tinalau to that as well. I honestly haven't heard a peep about either which is strange despite their youth and the fact that they are both redshirt freshmen.
I’ve heard about Tinalau (on CIS) - he has a back injury of some sort and they’re being careful with his rehab. But on Tripp, maybe I missed it, but I’ve heard absolutely nothing since the end of last season

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought Tripp had an injury? Could have swore I saw him in a Sling last year.

He basically said, you wanna be a golfer, go play golf. You want to be a quarterback, you be tough and be an honorary o-lineman.

With this regime, it seems as though we’re hitting more on high rates recruits which is a good sign. In the past we had a lot of pyrite pirates taking up space. If we can start to turn the corner on 3 stars, I’d say we’re on track for “we back” in the coming years. I cringe how we use to dilute ourselves with the weak schedules and terrible recruits. We’re seriously getting back to a real standard. No smoke and mirrors, this is real. I’m excited for the next couple years.

Advertisement
He’s been done, lol. I don’t know why we are still fronting. Kid will never play another down of football again.

The guy still suits up and goes through drills, and as of today is still on the team. He was our starting LT so it makes sense people are hopeful. But I agree with you he is either going to be medically retired come the summer or he’s transferring. Can’t imagine a scenario where he takes back his spot from these other dudes.

I have to wonder if we had 8-9 quality OL last season we would have won vs. one or more of Ga Tech, FSU, UL and Rutgers? We weren’t a good 4th quarter team. So yes I believe our OL will be better this year, if only because we can rotate.

Advertisement
He comes at it from a lot of different directions. Hopefully he keeps instilling that toughness he talks about. Need the OL to continue growing and find those guys who spit on the rug like DL do, and play with attitude.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back