Coach Cristobal recaps Thursday practice: “Something clicked today” with TreVonte’ Citizen’s confidence

View as article
I wouldn’t call Parrish a bust. And Allen has flashed some.
Flashed? Outside of the crazy one play he did what has he done to justify bringing him here?

Parrish, at least, is serviceable but his ceiling is very low. There is a reason why Parrish left (we didn’t fight to keep him) and isn’t going pro. He is what he is. To me, that’s a bust. Especially, in Mario’s world. We should do better.

Btw, I predict Allen will be in portal again, eventually.

Advertisement
Flashed? Outside of the crazy one play he did what has he done to justify bringing him here?

Parrish, at least, is serviceable but his ceiling is very low. There is a reason why Parrish left (we didn’t fight to keep him) and isn’t going pro. He is what he is. To me, that’s a bust. Especially, in Mario’s world. We should do better.

Btw, I predict Allen will be in portal again, eventually.
It's not a bust because who expected more? The bust has been not having better options. We shouldn't be relying on mid RBs like Allen or Parrish but it is what it is. Funny how everyone dismisses the difficulty of landing a high level RB just because they are unndervalued in the NFL.

Respectfully, disagree. He was productive but not a difference maker by any means. The fact he entered the portal again says all I need to know about bringing him here. RB room is surprisingly concerning with all these injured and non proven players.
There is a wide gap between difference-maker and bust. Parrish was billed as a good, solid runner and that’s what he was.

@DMoney any word on Malik bryant? Doesn’t seem to be getting much attention unfortunately I was hoping he would excel.
We haven't heard much from dline someone brought that up earlier. I think Malik gonna play the Jack position Guidry loves to use the Jack from what I've seen I think that's a perfect position for Malik an he will excel there

There is a wide gap between difference-maker and bust. Parrish was billed as a good, solid runner and that’s what he was.
It all depends on the starting point you're using for Parrish.

If you're using the elite talent you were saying he was as a recruit with Kevin Smith/Frank Gore comparisons - then he's definitely a bust.

If you're using the solid runner you billed him as a transfer - then Parrish probably overachieved leading us in rushing 2 years.

Advertisement
It all depends on the starting point you're using for Parrish.

If you're using the elite talent you were saying he was as a recruit with Kevin Smith/Frank Gore comparisons - then he's definitely a bust.

If you're using the solid runner you billed him as a transfer - then Parrish probably overachieved leading us in rushing 2 years.
I never said he was anywhere near Gore.

I did compare him to Kevin Smith. That’s a comparison that was later co-signed by…Kevin Smith, who recruited him three separate times.

Is he as good as Kevin Smith? No. Comparisons rarely are, as you are comparing a prospect to a proven commodity in terms of playing style.

But if you recall, my argument in the Parrish threads was that he was on the same level as Chaney/Knighton and better in certain respects. That has certainly proven true.

I never said he was anywhere near Gore.

I did compare him to Kevin Smith. That’s a comparison that was later co-signed by…Kevin Smith, who recruited him three separate times.

Is he as good as Kevin Smith? No. Comparisons rarely are, as you are comparing a prospect to a proven commodity in terms of playing style.

But if you recall, my argument in the Parrish threads was that he was on the same level as Chaney/Knighton and better in certain respects. That has certainly proven true.
You said - "My only concern with Parrish is his body type. He’s not small, just slender. If he was thicker, I would be making Frank Gore comparisons. Because of his frame, Kevin Smith made more sense."

Parrish - 5-10 190
Smith - 6-1 217
Gore - 5-9 217

So the comparison was just wildly off. And if Kevin Smith compared Parrish to Kevin Smith, then Kevin Smith was also wrong.

You also compared Knighton to Dalvin Cook - so both were similar level busts compared to your scouting reports.

You also compared Parrish's speed to Dalvin Cook using 100M times.

Hey - I said Don Chaney had a Lamar Miller ceiling - so I was wildly off on the 2020 RB's too.

It's all right here - Henry Parrish comparison

Last edited:
You said - "My only concern with Parrish is his body type. He’s not small, just slender. If he was thicker, I would be making Frank Gore comparisons. Because of his frame, Kevin Smith made more sense."
So in other words, I didn't compare him to Frank Gore, a thicker and more physical player. Glad we cleared that up.

There's no rational argument that Parrish was a bust. The team that signed him out of HS signed him again four years later. Obviously, he was the guy they thought he was. Out of the Portal, we signed him to be our best back and he was.

I'm moving away from comparisons because, as you saw with your Chaney/Lamar comparison, they can get misconstrued. I can see your comparison in terms of running style and certain traits. But comparing a high schooler's outcome to a proven pro's outcome rarely works because of the odds.

It's about style, not impact. I'm sure when Kevin Smith compared himself to Parrish, he wasn't saying Parrish was going to set NCAA records. But they have similar running styles.

So in other words, I didn't compare him to Frank Gore, a thicker and more physical player. Glad we cleared that up.

There's no rational argument that Parrish was a bust. The team that signed him out of HS signed him again four years later. Obviously, he was the guy they thought he was. Out of the Portal, we signed him to be our best back and he was.

I'm moving away from comparisons because, as you saw with your Chaney/Lamar comparison, they can get misconstrued. I can see your comparison in terms of running style and certain traits. But comparing a high schooler's outcome to a proven pro's outcome rarely works because of the odds.

It's about style, not impact. I'm sure when Kevin Smith compared himself to Parrish, he wasn't saying Parrish was going to set NCAA records. But they have similar running styles.

So saying " If Parrish was thicker, I would be making Frank Gore comparisons" isn't implying he has Frank Gore skills/ability in a more slender body?

But take Frank Gore out of it....

Is comparing his body to 6-1 217 Kevin Smith is still a good comparison?
Is comparing his speed to Dalvin Cook is still accurate?
Is saying his "make-you-miss ability is as good as I’ve seen from a South Florida back" still accurate?

I wouldn't call Parrish a bust, he was ok - but you don't think if someone thought Parrish actually had the skills you described above, that he could be considered a bust? No way at all?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back