CBS Sports names their Top 100 players in college football for the '24 season

View as article
Let me rep out a take.

Anez Cooper > Rivers > Mauigoa

Greys Anatomy Ugh GIF by ABC Network
IMG_4198.gif

Advertisement
"South Florida has been in a rut the last few classes, but there are renewed signs of life. The region has 7 players in the Top 100: Bain (#33), Payton (#35), CB Ricardo Hallman (#42), TE Mason Taylor (#48), Restrepo (#62), DE Ashton Gillette (#82) and DE Elijah Roberts (#88)."

And UM didn't look at Hallman or Taylor. Moar great evals by UM recruiting geniuses.

"South Florida has been in a rut the last few classes, but there are renewed signs of life. The region has 7 players in the Top 100: Bain (#33), Payton (#35), CB Ricardo Hallman (#42), TE Mason Taylor (#48), Restrepo (#62), DE Ashton Gillette (#82) and DE Elijah Roberts (#88)."

And UM didn't look at Hallman or Taylor. Moar great evals by UM recruiting geniuses.
We definitely recruited Mason Taylor. Hallman was overlooked though.

Advertisement
If we’re being honest this list sucks.
No Kiko in top 100 is laughable.
- He’s #2 in AMERICA in TFLs returning from last year.
- #1 in returning TFLs in P4

Him coming back this year was a blessing, there’s not 50 players better than him let alone 100.
We have a lot of debates here about coaching and development but a kid like that is a good example. He was good at WSU of course, but the way he was used last year and coached, coaches have to get credit for that. He wasn’t natural in coverage so Guidry just had him go kill everyone.

We have a lot of debates here about coaching and development but a kid like that is a good example. He was good at WSU of course, but the way he was used last year and coached, coaches have to get credit for that. He wasn’t natural in coverage so Guidry just had him go kill everyone.
Yep that’s what sold me on Guidry. He was a liability vs A&M in pass sets, think he had 3/4 holding penalties first 3 weeks. Refreshing as **** to see our coaches using players to the best of their ability, sounds like a given but it hasn’t been for last decade.

Yep that’s what sold me on Guidry. He was a liability vs A&M in pass sets, think he had 3/4 holding penalties first 3 weeks. Refreshing as **** to see our coaches using players to the best of their ability, sounds like a given but it hasn’t been for last decade.
Side note, really wish James Williams decided to return to school and go all out at OLB. He could’ve been 240lbs next year. Him and Kiko would’ve been fun to watch downhill. I think he could still have amazing pro career, but we never got to see that potential. Honestly his career here reminds me so much of Ray Ray Armstrong.

Advertisement
is this the top 100 players for 2024? if so then mauigoa makes sense over rivers. rivers was an upperclassmen last season and mauigoa was making his first starst, an extra year in and I would suspect that many expect mauigoa to take a leap

We definitely recruited Mason Taylor. Hallman was overlooked though.

Rumph apparently liked him early on. Mixed bag among CISers.

Side note, really wish James Williams decided to return to school and go all out at OLB. He could’ve been 240lbs next year. Him and Kiko would’ve been fun to watch downhill. I think he could still have amazing pro career, but we never got to see that potential. Honestly his career here reminds me so much of Ray Ray Armstrong.

Agree on the RRA comparison. NGL, Ray Ray was more impactful at Miami.

Advertisement
Rumph apparently liked him early on. Mixed bag among CISers.

If I recall this was a kid Rumph wanted but Banda/Manny of course weren't interested

Here is my top players in order:

1.)Cam Ward
2.)Jalen Rivers
3.)Rueben Bain
4.)Xavier Restrepo
5.)Fransisco Mauigoa
6.)Anez Cooper
7.)Ahkeem Mesidor
8.)Francis Mauigoa
9.)Jacolby George
10.)Elijah Alston
11.)Elijah Arroyo