CANES vs Miami Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Few things:

- I’m thoroughly convinced if it didn’t pour rain in the first half we definitely break 40, last year our best FBS performances were 35 points to GTech (7 was on defense so really 28), and 30 to Southern Miss and we get 38 today without much issue

- our FG kicking is going to be solid, against better teams like A&M, FSU, Clemson that could possibly be the difference.

- our tackling is MUCH better my goodness

- Parrish/Allen/Fletcher/Chaney at RB are going to be difference makers

- Really wish we saw Arroyo/Skinner out there, @DMoney @Cribby do we have any idea if we should expect them next Saturday ? Would go a long way…

- this is the lowest scoring game we’ve allowed to an FBS opponent since the end of 2018 when we played Pitt & also allowed 3

- the defensive line is going to be a force…Kelly, Bain, Deen, Taylor, Mesidor, Harvey, Moten, Williams, Gore & JHH all did very well today

- our LBs are WAY upgraded

- they were 2/15 (15%) on 3rd/4th down, to put that in perspective Bethune Cookman went 5/14, UVA went 5/16, southern Miss went 5/14 & A&M went 4/12 against us last year…

This was a vanilla *** game and we suffocated them. If TVD gets a little more healthy, the weather stays clear and we can get Arroyo/skinner back? I feel good.

I will reserve judgement until I see how A&M does against NMST (although it might as well be an FCS opponent)

Obviously there are a number of improved position groups but I was impressed by the WR group... per the stats above, not ONE drop.

So 80% completion rate, no drops, solid YAC, better blocking...

Fingers crossed the lack of deep shots was simply keeping some stuff under wraps b/c aTm.

I'm not fully drinking the kool-aid yet but I took a few sips and it wasn't bad. Needs Tito's...

Advertisement
We had just short of 500 yards of total offense. Lots of return yards too. Without the running clock this was a 50+ point game………..it feels good boys.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back