So now that we know golden

CaneSlave1960

Redshirt Freshman
Isnt going anywhere and admin has clearly said he has full control of staffing what changes would you like to be made? Coach d isnt going anywhere coley who i wish would be fired right now probably wont be i dont know why but i cant see it who would you replàce and lets get some canidates

Advertisement
I wouldn't be heart broken to see Coley go. We still can't convert 3rd downs. Anywhere he's called plays, 3rd downs have been a huge problem. In order for us to get to where we all want to be, we need to keep moving the chains as well as have the explosive plays. NOT just the explosive plays. Coley isn't the worst OC out there, but either he needs to learn the importance of converting 3rd downs or we need to find someone that can.

Advertisement
It does matter. Butch Davis struggled mightily until he got someone to run a decent D. We need third down conversions to improve drastically, and I don't think Coley's O will ever provide that.
doesn't matter until you cut the head of the snake

We don't know anything yet regarding Folden returning, but keep making new threads every day trying to get other idiots to agree with your assistant scapegoating idea.

It does matter. Butch Davis struggled mightily until he got someone to run a decent D. We need third down conversions to improve drastically, and I don't think Coley's O will ever provide that.
doesn't matter until you cut the head of the snake

"Butch Davis struggled mightily until he got someone to run a decent D"

In case you haven't Heard, Dorito will probably be staying because he and Goldilocks are BFFs. You validated Vanquish's point in trying to dispute it.

Advertisement
We don't know anything yet regarding Folden returning, but keep making new threads every day trying to get other idiots to agree with your assistant scapegoating idea.

Seriously. What is this fetish with the desire to discuss new position corches around here? We lose to a team at home this week that lost by double digits to Akron then are we still going to discuss how much a difference shuffling Ice around could make?

I wouldn't be heart broken to see Coley go. We still can't convert 3rd downs. Anywhere he's called plays, 3rd downs have been a huge problem. In order for us to get to where we all want to be, we need to keep moving the chains as well as have the explosive plays. NOT just the explosive plays. Coley isn't the worst OC out there, but either he needs to learn the importance of converting 3rd downs or we need to find someone that can.

If Golden isn't held accountable for a 6-5 season, why are you wanting Coley canned for 3rd down %? If Golden stays, then ALL assistants should stay. Why should they be out of a job while Golden keeps his?

Seriously. What is this fetish with the desire to discuss new position corches around here? We lose to a team at home this week that lost by double digits to Akron then are we still going to discuss how much a difference shuffling Ice around could make?

The assistant scapegoat game is what idiots do in order to keep fooling themselves into thinking we can start winning again with Folden still employed. Unfortunately, there are too many idiots here and overall in our fan base.

Advertisement

If Golden isn't held accountable for a 6-5 season, why are you wanting Coley canned for 3rd down %? If Golden stays, then ALL assistants should stay. Why should they be out of a job while Golden keeps his?
Defense goes from 88th to top 15, Folden losses even more games, yet it's the assistants' faults.

Defense goes from 88th to top 15, Folden losses even more games, yet it's the assistants' faults.

But its Goldens defense! He has the administrations support in the media you don't think they would have come out and said coach will be gone after next week. They have to do those things behind close doors.

Advertisement

I seem to recall some latent memory of folks here explaining the importance of the "check with me" in an offense? This conflicts with my memories of our offense roaring to score on scripted plays at the start of games and then bogging down when the OC decides it is time to micromanage. It's all very confusing.

don't panic.jpg

Ice to DB coach would be fantastic
or hurlie for that matter

What???? Ice is a offensive guy, might as well keep paul williams if thats te case
if hes calling plays , oc of course no questions .. but as purely positional he played db in college and he got a son drafted at db , with how well he can recruit the area seems like a good fit . Wr coach would be good too

Last edited:
Franchise your and idiot you say the same thing over and over without bringing anything new to the table, it looks like golden is staying so what would inprove the team any coaching changes like i said id love to see coley go but i doubt it happens coach d aint going nowhere with how much he inproved the defense someone has to be replaced

Before becoming a High School HC, Ice had multiple stints as an OC, b4 that he was a receivers coach. I think he's great where he's at. I say we get rid of Carroll and everybody on D, including Hurlie.

Advertisement
Back