Reporters

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
I am hoping all the reporters are wrong. two things, 1.) no one saw Shannon's firing coming. Donna was supporting him publicly. 2.) Most of the reporters said golden was going to PSU and last time said Gruden was Shannon's replacement. One can hope.

Happy Thanksgiving

Advertisement
What are these reporters that you speak of? We don't even have shills for the program down here let alone real journalists. We have one semi-competent guy that limits his info to a twice-a-week "tidbit" blog, two fat guys in Manny and Reynolds that probably are more concerned if Flake Jimmy brought in the tray of pastelitos today, a woman more in tune with how cats can really communcate with humans than football and The FEAST. The last one is too easy so I'll just leave him to his pre-Thankgiving meal warm-up hamburguesa con queso.

Bangy Dangy Joe Rose and The Big OHHHHHHH! don't count as their job description is more entertainment than info related.

Bruce Feldman (coaching suggestions aside) might be the best thing we have in terms of an actual journalist concerned with this program and he lives in LA.

Last edited:
Everyone saw Shannon's firing coming, despite the public votes of confidence of Shalala.

So why doesnt everyone think the same with golden?

The new president will be hosed if Donna fires al and hires a ****. We've paid 2 coaches for most of the last ten years when you count buyouts but we can't pay golden, donnas next lame and a real coach.

Best case a good coach gets hired and retains our local position coaches and we roll in 15.

Sadly I'm resigned to another year of the temple bums. Hopefully the next president doesn't get rooked by an 8 win season next year as progress.

Advertisement
I remember when I was on CS , Roy Firestone kept posting that there was no chance RS would be fired , no matter how we finished . Then came on Gary's show and said the same , he was supposedly " connected" lol.

Blake James just pulls the trigger. Donna orders the hit. are we sure Donna wants to leave this firing to her successor?

I remember when I was on CS , Roy Firestone kept posting that there was no chance RS would be fired , no matter how we finished . Then came on Gary's show and said the same , he was supposedly " connected" lol.

Despite Al'sC0ckInMyMouth91's lies in this thread, there were plenty of dopes saying the same **** about Shannon being safe as they're saying about Folden. That's the default move for the Corch worshippers. They said it about Coker too.

Advertisement
Blake James just pulls the trigger. Donna orders the hit. are we sure Donna wants to leave this firing to her successor?
I don't think Shalala has any love for Folden the way he humiliated her and UM during his ped state groveling. I doubt she'd have a big problem sticking it to him.

everyone sucks in this program except for few coaches, about twenty players, and some of the fans.

the coach, athletic director, president, as well as 75% of students and alumni suck.

Golden is not getting fired after this season. Only way he leaves is on his own. Period.

We could lose 45-0 on Saturday and the admin wouldn't do ****.

Advertisement
Most of the reporters in SFL have no clue. Plus, they kiss Golden's ***. Never challenging him, his record, his lack of adjustments, etc... Status quo

I am hoping all the reporters are wrong. two things, 1.) no one saw Shannon's firing coming. Donna was supporting him publicly. 2.) Most of the reporters said golden was going to PSU and last time said Gruden was Shannon's replacement. One can hope.

Happy Thanksgiving

Finally someone is making sense. Maybe.
If the heat is turned up by he fan base, And this means everyone should be contacting the BoT,
Then no one in charge wants the new prez to have to fire Gorlden.
It's far easier and better on the new prez to come in with clean slate, new coach, and worry about academics for first three years.

Not firing Gorlden now is the WORST thing the BoT could do to a new President if the BoT cares about academics

Last edited:

If the heat is turned up by he ran base, And this means everyone should be contacting the BoT,
It's far easier and better on the new prez to come in with clean slate, new coach, and worry about academics for first three years.

Not firing Gorlden now is the WORST thing the BoT could do to a new President if the BoT cares about academics

I like where your head is at

Advertisement

If the heat is turned up by he fan base, And this means everyone should be contacting the BoT,

Not sure if this applies to academia but in the business world new CEOs tend to want to put their own stamp on things upon arrival. The BOT might perceive it to be disrespectful to the next President to hire a new football coach while Donna has one foot out the door. Plus who knows if they even want to fire Golden. I just don't think it is a priority for them right now, as much as we as fans want it to happen.

Not sure if this applies to academia but in the business world new CEOs tend to want to put their own stamp on things upon arrival. The BOT might perceive it to be disrespectful to the next President to hire a new football coach while Donna has one foot out the door. Plus who knows if they even want to fire Golden. I just don't think it is a priority for them right now, as much as we as fans want it to happen.

A new president shouldn't have to deal with his predecessor's problem coach. And since not every new incoming president automatically fires every coach, not sure about "putting his stamp" on things would apply. Maybe the new coach is a loser, maybe he's a winner. But one thing for certain, he wouldn't be the headache that Golden is. For that reason, the best thing for the new president is to have a new coach already in place.

A new president shouldn't have to deal with his predecessor's problem coach. And since not every new incoming president automatically fires every coach, not sure about "putting his stamp" on things would apply. Maybe the new coach is a loser, maybe he's a winner. But one thing for certain, he wouldn't be the headache that Golden is. For that reason, the best thing for the new president is to have a new coach already in place.

On top of all that, they can make a great hire and have the entire fan base positive and energized when the new president comes in instead of having the fans ready to burn UM to the ground. I'd rather come into a positive upbeat situation than into the **** encrusted toilet that will be UM if Folden is still here.

Advertisement
Back