Will We Ever Be Back?

jjohn47

Recruit
The popular conversation every time Miami wins about 3 games in a row is "Are they back?"

Well this season is in the ******* again, so I'm wondering do any of you think we will be back? Ever?

I honestly don't think we will ever see a 83-94 type stretch run of dominance, but I do think we can get back to a 2 out of every 5 year type of playoff contender. Its just going to take the right type of coaching staff. One that is aggressive on both sides of the ball, one that recruits South Florida 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Or do you think Miami as we once knew it will never be back, but a 9-3 best case type team?

Advertisement
Everyone surrounding UM (reporters, Flake), are okay with mediocrity.

Facking Ferman said they should give him two more years. Flake probably feels the same way.

One day in a galaxy far far away, the dark lords of the Miami administration will accidentally hire a real coach. Before the have a chance to realize their mistake, we will be in the playoff and win the NC.

Advertisement
We are located smack in the middle of the most fertile recruiting area in the nation. By a long shot.

It should not be rocket science for us to build a program that competes for national championships.

The fact that we have gone TEN YEARS without fielding a competitive football team speaks volumes about the university's leadership and their lack of focus on football.

And that's not even getting in to our poor management of facilities, negligent coaching hires, and general mismanagement of a (formerly) valuable brand.

Until we see a change at the top, I'm convinced that Miami will NOT be back.

One day in a galaxy far far away, the dark lords of the Miami administration will accidentally hire a real coach. Before the have a chance to realize their mistake, we will be in the playoff and win the NC.

and then the coach will leave for the nfl and we will hire multiple ****** coaches in a row

Advertisement
NO and the administration does not give a ****, it should be obvious Golden is still the coach, says it all!

Advertisement
We are located smack in the middle of the most fertile recruiting area in the nation. By a long shot.

It should not be rocket science for us to build a program that competes for national championships.

The fact that we have gone TEN YEARS without fielding a competitive football team speaks volumes about the university's leadership and their lack of focus on football.

And that's not even getting in to our poor management of facilities, negligent coaching hires, and general mismanagement of a (formerly) valuable brand.

Until we see a change at the top, I'm convinced that Miami will NOT be back.

Funny **** is we can't recruit our backyard well lol

Advertisement
No. The college game has passed miami by. Talent alone isn't enough anymore. You need money, facilities, strength and conditioning, nutrition, etc etc. This is where we've been left behind. We won't be able to keep up and hire the right staff. We'll always have talented players. But that alone isn't enough

No. I feel the admins is consciously pushing the basketball program to be the premiere sport at UM...and I think they are consciously degrading football to the point of total irrelevance. In five years no one will care anything about the sport at Miami and it will be the rock bottom worst team in the ACC. (****, we're almost THAT already!)

Miami football will never be any good in what's left of my lifetime.....and I doubt it will be in some of you youngsters' lifetimes, either.

Sorry to be so bleak, but them's the facts, folks and we all know it. The school just ain't that into CFB anymore. Forgitaboutdit.

No. I feel the admins is consciously pushing the basketball program to be the premiere sport at UM...and I think they are consciously degrading football to the point of total irrelevance. In five years no one will care anything about the sport at Miami and it will be the rock bottom worst team in the ACC. (****, we're almost THAT already!)

Miami football will never be any good in what's left of my lifetime.....and I doubt it will be in some of you youngsters' lifetimes, either.

Sorry to be so bleak, but them's the facts, folks and we all know it. The school just ain't that into CFB anymore. Forgitaboutdit.

pushing the basketball program? didn't coach L have to punch them in the face to get a job?

Advertisement
Back