Henderson

Brous8988

Redshirt Freshman
Was watching espn and they were showing the bills getting off a bus in Detroit. Noticed Henderson rocking canes gear. It didn't work out perfect for him here but glad to see he got love for the []_[]

Advertisement
Even though he underachieved for us, it matters not. He's still one of ours and we need as many fellas doing big things in the league as possible. Glad to see he's overachieving in the pros relative to where he was drafted.

Guy never had a coach in his life. If that dude had gone to Bama, or to USC under Carroll, or any other place with a real football program dedicated to improving their players, he'd have been a first round pick. I'm tired of hearing "well he was lazy and smoked weed". Over 50% of NFL players smoke weed. If this kid was just lazy, he wouldn't be killing it in the NFL. He just needed motivation, which is what a good coach provides.

Guy never had a coach in his life. If that dude had gone to Bama, or to USC under Carroll, or any other place with a real football program dedicated to improving their players, he'd have been a first round pick. I'm tired of hearing "well he was lazy and smoked weed". Over 50% of NFL players smoke weed. If this kid was just lazy, he wouldn't be killing it in the NFL. He just needed motivation, which is what a good coach provides.

Yeah, Kehoe doesn't know crap about coaching oline.

I'm sick of armchair coaches thinking that a guy goes from being uncoached, to a couple weeks of pro camp, to stud lineman. He "got motivated" in minicamp? What, did they yell louder? SMH!

Advertisement
Its always good to see Canes ball out at the next level, **** Chase Ford is producing for the Vikings, which is just weird

Motivated by money. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is. Nobody motivates you unless you let them.

I'm sick of armchair coaches thinking that a guy goes from being uncoached, to a couple weeks of pro camp, to stud lineman. He "got motivated" in minicamp? What, did they yell louder? SMH!

Well what caused his transformation? Because he did not play at that high of a level here!

Well what caused his transformation? Because he did not play at that high of a level here!

Yeah, blame it all on Kehoe, not the kid.

I need to find somebody else to blame all my problems on.

Advertisement

The checks he receives for his performance maybe?

Thinking about it, you're right... he would've been motivated by the same way at USC under Carroll and at Bama!

Happy as **** for Seantrel. He always played hard on the field. He was self-destructive but he was never a cancer. And as he said on the radio the other day, he bleeds orange and green.

Kid played hard and stayed four years. Off field he hurt himself but not others. Glad he is having success. We need those NFL guys repping THE U

He got punked by Flowers who actually wanted to put in the work. Stop making excuses.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid played hard and stayed four years. Off field he hurt himself but not others. Glad he is having success. We need those NFL guys repping THE U

Lol at played hard. If he played hard he would have been a top 20 pick. He didn't give a *** when he was here.

Lol at played hard. If he played hard he would have been a top 20 pick. He didn't give a *** when he was here.

Maybe my eyes deceived me, but when he was playing I saw him running down the field, pushing piles, helping up teammates and playing with enthusiasm. Marrone mentioned that was one of the reasons he felt comfortable drafting him. His problem was Sunday through Friday.

I think this was his motivation. ..
"Bills warn Sentrel Henderson that this is his one shot"
Pro football Talk May 19, 2014
Bills rookie offensive tackle Sentrel Henderson*is a first-round talent who was still available for Buffalo to draft him in the seventh round because of a series of incidents that had NFL teams questioning his commitment to football. The Bills want Henderson to know that any more incidents will result in him losing his job.

“We’ve talked to Seantrel and*he knows that he’s got one shot,” Bills G.M. Doug Whaley told ESPN. “We’re saying we’ll give you this one shot. It has nothing to do with us saying this guy is a talented football player; he’s been dealing with some demons. Hopefully those demons are out of his life and why not give somebody — this is America — give somebody a chance.”

Henderson’s off-field issues have included multiple failed drug tests in college and another failed drug test at the NFL Combine, plus a failure to complete his Pro Day workout. Bills coach Doug Marrone says the team knows what it’s getting with Henderson and will send him packing if he’s unable or unwilling to do everything the team asks of him.

“It was something that we did a lot of research on. We want to make sure that we know exactly what the situation is, exactly what we’re dealing with and seeing if we’re able to be the proper influence to make that change,” Marrone said. “And does the player want to make that change? I think all those things come in to play and if that happens we’re going to get ourselves one heck of a football player. If it doesn’t, he’ll go find another line of work.”

Drafting a guy with Henderson’s background is a risk, but if they end up cutting him, they’re only out a seventh-round pick. Considering that some observers believe Henderson could develop into a Pro Bowl offensive tackle, that was a risk the Bills were willing to take.

Advertisement
And the way Goddell and the NFL punishing players nowadays, he better be a saint..... so please stop bashing coaches abour development...smh...Kehoe for rhis kids ballin right now, give him credit

if he played in the SEC a) he wouldn't of been suspended and b) those positive drug tests would've miraculously disappeared. now i'm not for covering for guys that commit real atrocities such as rape, assault and battery, & murder, but i think these harsh punishments for smoking a little weed is absolutely absurd

Maybe my eyes deceived me, but when he was playing I saw him running down the field, pushing piles, helping up teammates and playing with enthusiasm. Marrone mentioned that was one of the reasons he felt comfortable drafting him. His problem was Sunday through Friday.

Kw - when he was playing. Which wasn't all the time. He should have fuggin dominated here.

He sure as **** didn't play lazy. He might not have been a great practice player, but many greats aren't. He spilled his guts during games though.

Part of being a great HC is managing different personalities differently. Folden is a massive failure in that regard.

Advertisement
Back