In person thoughts

canefan88xbl

Redshirt Freshman
First, it was absolutely awesome to watch their fans pile out in the third quarter. I can't think of a road game where that has happened so early since 2001 at penn st.

Defensive thoughts:
Who thought we could perform well when we stack the box and blitz? The LBs for most plays were 2-3 yards closer to the LOS and our safety would cover the slot WR so we could bring pressure. My gut reaction to the domination, is that coach No-D knew va tech was offensively anemic and decided to roll the dice. I don't think he will take these chances against unc or fsu, but I hope I'm wrong.

Offensive thoughts:
Brad deserves a ton of credit for throwing it away and running out of bounds. These were plays with jacory or Stephen that resulted in turnovers. Not sure if they showed on TV, but coley and golden were halfway on the field trying to get Brad to spike the ball before his TD pass to Duke. I'm not sure if Coley didn't realize how much time we had, or brad called the play at the line

Duke being duke, nothing more to say.

Miami fans:
The turnout was pretty bad. Our section was very empty, definitely not a sell out. If you've never been to Lane, definitely a good environment to visit.

It was interesting to hear a fan next to me say that Chad doesn't have the measurables to perform as a freshmen. Makes me question humanity.

The consensus among fans is that a banner is not a good idea. No one is thrilled with Al, but all a banner does is create uncertainty among the recruits.

Advertisement
Had me until the banner comment. Guarantee no recruit gives a crap about fans flying a banner, and if they do, they would never come here anyway. They are more concerned with facilities, chance to win, chance to develop, best conduit to NFL.

Agreed about our fans, and the environment. I was a kid in a candy shop last night.

I remember someone posting I should have kept the family home instead of going to the game.............

Was on 50 yard line behind our bench row uuu. Met Brad Clontz world series winner in 95 with the braves was an awesome guy to chat with at halftime. As for the game the VT fans by me said they havent seen a stadium leave so early than they witnessed at our game. We had more good plays than bad plays on defense and our offense only had to run the ball majority of the game since they couldnt stop duke or gus at the end. Havent watched the TV replay yet but will tonight to see the alignments and such better but overall a win is a win and i will take a dominant performance over VT any day. Go Canes!!

Advertisement
thursday night and a miserable place to fly into probably makes a difference. I've been to other road games and the ones that have struggled to sell (the ones i went to) was Maryland on Labor Day.

i was at the game last night in row nnn on miami side and it was pretty funny to see them leave the gm in the 3rd qtr lol, but from my observation we just crushed a team that you could clearly see all the injuries were killin them and we just took advantage of it and to see Duke give the big stiff to Kendall Fuller and bounce him back 8 yds stumbling that was a wrap for me and there offense was atrocious and Brewer is garbage, so imo we did what we were suppose to do in this game, win but it was good for the players aspect and need to take this into the UNC game, i stay in Raleigh and made the 3hr trip to Blacksburg and playing UNC next week wil be a good test defensively being i know we will score on them as there Def has given up 50+ PTS in 4 OF 5 last games, so this is a big test, contain Marquise Williams and we win easily, seen them play live a few times this yr being my son is a UNC fan (and yes i let him pick his own teams, but my Wife is a Cane lol), but real talk im happy for the players and 1 more thing im glad i made the trip to watch Duke have his best rushing game of his carrer no matter wha the team was #KELLY TOUGH

Last edited:
Ive been to gtech game, louisville game, going to VA game and been/going to every home game. While working a regular job it was impossible to go to a thursday game with no close airport. Sure many had the same issues including all the people i usually go to games with. Wouldnt have been there if we were undefeated so imo its not anything against our fanbase just tough scheduling.

Advertisement
Had me until the banner comment. Guarantee no recruit gives a crap about fans flying a banner, and if they do, they would never come here anyway. They are more concerned with facilities, chance to win, chance to develop, best conduit to NFL.

You are delusional. Banners and yes message boards do impact recruits. It's a fact

You are delusional. Banners and yes message boards do impact recruits. It's a fact

Yeah, ok.

Seems like we see enough tweets and FB posts from potential recruits and their families to pretty safely say that they do notice this stuff and it does effect their impression of schools. Not sure how anyone can deny it at this point.

Last edited:
Seems like we see enough tweets and FB posts from potential recruits and their families to pretty safely say that they do notice this stuff and it does affect their impression of schools. Not sure how anyone can deny it at this point.

Don't you love the logic around here? BOT members, many of whom are CEO's of multi-million dollar companies, are affected by banners. But recruits? Nah, they don't see a thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back