Ok I'm gonna be honest

When I saw kaaya at wide receiver I stood up and almost at the top of my lungs yell "WTF". Point is Coley really surprised me with that wildcat formation. I've been watching canes football for all 26 years of my life first I've ever been surprised at a playcall. In a good way at least.

Ps . Again just being honest Coley has grown all year long as a coordinator if golden goes down wouldn't mind this guy having a chance. Just an opinion.

Advertisement
Yeap, I think he just called two of his stupid WR screens that, of course, again didn't work. Other than that, glad he figured out that the QB he found is really frigging great and we have this dude named DUKE who is about the best in the country. The other thing is it seems they left Kaaya out there looking for the call too long many times. But I agree Coley is getting better. He has to stop it with the WR screens, we apparently aren't any better do do them than we are at stopping them.

P.S. No way as HC. Never again with a co-coordinator. Sam was best AD we ever had and he was dead set against that. Not even Butch was up to that. Greatest recruiter ever but not ready as HC back then. NOW, oh yeah.

I'll throw my .02 cents in. The offense has gotten better with better OL play! Doesn't matter how good a game you call if your OL doesn't give QB time or create holes for RBs. The way they performed last night against one of the best DLs in college was remarkable. I do think Coley has improved a great deal. Love the way we stuck with the run, especially early on when that crowd was insanely loud...

I'll throw my .02 cents in. The offense has gotten better with better OL play! Doesn't matter how good a game you call if your OL doesn't give QB time or create holes for RBs. The way they performed last night against one of the best DLs in college was remarkable. I do think Coley has improved a great deal. Love the way we stuck with the run, especially early on when that crowd was insanely loud...

Best DLs in college? Really? I thought that was their weakness. The announcers kept saying the strength was the secondary.

Best DLs in college? Really? I thought that was their weakness. The announcers kept saying the strength was the secondary.

That is ridiculous, that is an decent VT defense missing their two best players

Advertisement
In the pre-game they did mention VT had one of the best DL's in the country. Then towards the end of the game they called them undersized and they were getting pushed around alot the last 3 games, so who knows.

In the pre-game they did mention VT had one of the best DL's in the country. Then towards the end of the game they called them undersized and they were getting pushed around alot the last 3 games, so who knows.

Pitt found VT's line just as undersized; pushed them around easily. Pitt thoroughly exposed them. Our corches simply followed the same plan, thank God.

Kehoe deserves some credit as well. Miami has shown that they have backup lineman that are/were ready to play

Advertisement
Back