Butch Davis....Clean as a whistle. UNC Academic Scandal

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
Suck it haters!!!!!!!

Roy Williams holds much more responsibility than anyone else at UNC for this scandal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/unc-academic-and-athletic-officials-steered-student-athletes-to-bogus-classes-181214478.html

butchwin.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
image.jpg

They're blaming me for putting you guys in finger painting classes..

image.jpg

I licked the paint coach and now I can count to potatoes.

image.jpg

God dammit, I am screwed. Curse you and your good looks Butch Davis...next time you bang my wife at least give her a call back!

image.jpg

I'm back. Let's win every game every year fellas because winners get paid and if you're paid you'll always get layed. Just ask Roy Williams' wife.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm more concerned that he is cleaned more than happy. Unfortunately another program will give #hireButch a look before we do.

Advertisement
Not sure I buy the "clean"
Former head football coach John Bunting admitted that he knew of the paper classes and said that former Director of Football Cynthia Reynolds told him they were part of her strategy to keep players eligible. Reynolds, who is now an academic program coordinator at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, was one of four employees who refused to cooperate with Wainstein's investigation.

The report shows that during Bunting's years as head coach, there was a steady rise of enrollment of football players in the paper classes.

Butch Davis, who succeeded Bunting as coach and was eventually fired in the wake of the scandal in 2011, also admitted to knowing there were "easy classes," Wainstein said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/us/unc-report-academic-fraud/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I don't think this latest report does anything to help the Butch to UM movement.

Butch is a very smart conniving dude, so hopefully he covered his tracks. There's a big difference between "easy classes" and fraudulent classes.

Every school has version of this. UNC just went overboard. Most of the time kids just have to turn in work any work and they pass.

If you think the power 5 could keep their rosters eligible applying the same standards regular students face, you probably still believe al is good coach.

"Easy Classes to keep players eligible" are the same a fraudulent classes.....semantics isn't going to save Butch with UM.

Advertisement
From Yahoo

The report finds it believable that neither basketball coach Roy Williams nor then-football coach Butch Davis knew the extent of the AFAM scam – specifically, that players were getting gift grades. However, Davis was said to be present during a 2009 power-point presentation by academic support staff to the football staff that included a slide saying that players had been enrolled in classes which featured the following perks: "they didn't go to class; didn't take notes, have to stay awake; they didn't have to meet with professors; they didn't have to pay attention or necessarily engage with the material." (Butch told investigators that he didn't recall seeing that slide. If the current ESPN analyst ever works in college coaching again, someone please shut down the university that hires him.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back