Golden's Inability To Adapt Or Show Flexibility

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Was on full display last night.

Nebraska ran the ball 80% of their snaps last night and we didn't do anything different defensively compared to other games. It was status quo.

He was in Robot Al mode. He doesn't care what's going on around him. The opponent, their offense, their personnel, their formations,their tendencies, the down and distance -- none of it matters. He will scan his binder and continue running the same defense without any situational awareness. It's head down, stick to the process, hunker down and do our job, and forget what the opponent is showing us.

We sat with two deep safeties and our corners off all night and conceded chunks of yardage. We gave them a numbers advantage inside the box on every play. We kept 6 in the box on a majority of snaps. They put those kids in a position to fail even before the ball was snapped.

Last night was one of the most embarrassing displays of "coaching" at Miami. Even for Al, that was bad. But mainly it highlighted how his tunnel vision on his "process" is a major detriment to the team.

The worst part is to him the philosophy and scheme were fine, we just weren't executing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He doesn't ever seem to have a problem with any of his coaches either. Funny the only people that take a fall around this guy are his players.

Advertisement
I really thought he was the type of intelligent mind that would realize where he needed help, use his connections, and adapt. But no, he's the type of intelligent that's better served on a message board blurting out his Utopian visions of a program all while deflecting and straw manning every hole that is punched into his thesis.

**** him and the fat DC he rode in on.

Last night was an absolute disgrace. It was the worst display of corching I've ever seen.

Everyone's on here sucking off Abdullah The Butcher like he was Jim Brown. Meanwhile, the backup looked just as good. It was an impossibility for our guys to do anything against their running game when we weren't touching the RBs until they were already 5 yards down the field.

They had a scatter arm QB, who has been suspect as a passer from day one. So, instead of putting 8 or 9 in the box and forcing that suspect QB to beat us, we give them huge chunks of yards on the ground all night. It was the worst thing I've ever seen at UM.

Advertisement
I feel so bad for these good players we have. They have to do what the coaches tell them or they get benched in the sorry *** system. Its nothing more frustrating to know your team could be so much better but the coaches are so dumb

Golden may want to turn to Public Relations.

You can blow sunshine up everyone's skirt 8-hours a day, and nothing ever quite catches up to you.

He ain't no coach.

For him to absolve himself and the scheme of any responsibility and blame it on the players missing tackles was disgusting.

How many nails do we need in his coffin? His fate should have been sealed last year.

Was on full display last night.

Nebraska ran the ball 80% of their snaps last night and we didn't do anything different defensively compared to other games. It was status quo.

He was in Robot Al mode. He doesn't care what's going on around him. The opponent, their offense, their personnel, their formations,their tendencies, the down and distance -- none of it matters. He will scan his binder and continue running the same defense without any situational awareness. It's head down, stick to the process, hunker down and do our job, and forget what the opponent is showing us.

We sat with two deep safeties and our corners off all night and conceded chunks of yardage. We gave them a numbers advantage inside the box on every play. We kept 6 in the box on a majority of snaps. They put those kids in a position to fail even before the ball was snapped.

Last night was one of the most embarrassing displays of "coaching" at Miami. Even for Al, that was bad. But mainly it highlighted how his tunnel vision on his "process" is a major detriment to the team.

The worst part is to him the philosophy and scheme were fine, we just weren't executing.

The saddest part is that I was not at all surprised, and I really didn't even get angry. I'm like a long suffering domestic violence victim. I know what's coming, and have just become numb.

Advertisement
Al let a one dimensional team bludgeon his team with that one dimension. That is almost incomprehensible. I am not lying when I tell you that there is better coaching in optimist football. What we are watching is historically bad coaching. This guy will go down in UM football history with Carl Selmer as the worst coaches ever at UM.

Last night was an absolute disgrace. It was the worst display of corching I've ever seen.

Everyone's on here sucking off Abdullah The Butcher like he was Jim Brown. Meanwhile, the backup looked just as good. It was an impossibility for our guys to do anything against their running game when we weren't touching the RBs until they were already 5 yards down the field.

They had a scatter arm QB, who has been suspect as a passer from day one. So, instead of putting 8 or 9 in the box and forcing that suspect QB to beat us, we give them huge chunks of yards on the ground all night. It was the worst thing I've ever seen at UM.

Just like we made that atrocious VA Tech QB look like a Heisman candidate last year. It's the same thing week in and week out. We make mediocre teams look top 25, and we make legitimate teams look like national title contenders. And it's because every opposing coaching staff knows exactly what they're going to get from our passive defensive scheme. In fact, it's really not even a defense. It should be called "Hoped-for Containment."

Do you think Nebraska played on running the ball 53 times and passing it only 13 times.

They seem to adjust to run the ball more as the game went on running 37 of the last 40 plays.

So they started off as balanced 16 rushes to 10 passes and they realized that we just gonna let them run all night so thats what they did.

Advertisement
This scheme isn't going anywhere as long as Golden is here. He is what Shalala envisioned when she went on her way to neuter this program. 4 years of Al and the procedure is complete.

Sorry to be redundant, but what else would you expect, Notre Dame ran the ball every single play in the second half and Dorito did not make one adjustment. Has anybody ever seen a college game without one single pass in a half?

I don't even know what to say anymore. Like Franchise said, instead of putting 8-9 in the box we actually broke the box(less than seven). We are talking about a team that is incapable of sustaining any type of passing game. A team that ran the ball 80% of the time. And instead of trying to stuff the run and make them throw we actually played a defense so passive that our guys weren't even in position to touch the RB till he was 5 yards past the LOS. We actually let them run by design as a function of scheme!

These coaches aren't stubborn, they are certifiable whack jobs. No make our D have to stop the run in that prevent alignment just so they didnt have to worry about getting beat deep against a team that can't pass? I've never seen anything like that in my life.

Make no mistake, these defensive players are prisoners. Al and Mark have them chained up in the basement like that sicko up in Cleveland. This is a complete abomination.

Al let a one dimensional team bludgeon his team with that one dimension. That is almost incomprehensible. I am not lying when I tell you that there is better coaching in optimist football. What we are watching is historically bad coaching. This guy will go down in UM football history with Carl Selmer as the worst coaches ever at UM.
It was much worse than the Georgia Tech massacre from a few years ago. Those guys didn't know what hit them. Sure that was major coaching errors but you could see our guys ******* up all over the place. The next year that same group had seen it before and adapted. This was a group of veteran guys out there just being put in position to fail.

Advertisement
Back