Best time to fire a Coach?

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
Is it best the fire Golden mid-season, put in an interim and hire a new coach to build a staff and solidify recruits?

Advertisement
If we lose against Nebraska as well....he should be fired immediately after the game.

Is it best the fire Golden mid-season, put in an interim and hire a new coach to build a staff and solidify recruits?

Depends on when the team completely turns and quits on him,the local and national media finally has.

Advertisement
The best time to fire him would be before you extend his contract thru 2020 for putting together mediocre football teams.

Right now. Appoint an interim and chase a good one. Get familiar with recruits in this class before we hit January and have to make last minute calls for recruits and before cancer takes over the locker room.

I don't understand why so many are wasting their time speculating on who's going to the be next head coach soon. It's not happening, whether we want it to or not. There is no appetite to fire anyone in The U admin , and they surely don't want to spend the money on a buyout. If people realized the real state of this economy. the last thing we need is to take on any extra debt. Everyone I know in the financial world understands this economy is going to crash worse then 1929 in a year or two. These colleges financing all these major upgrades to their stadiums and facilities with the future hope of increased revenues are going to find their programs in the sh*t hole. The days of major football programs becoming a cash cow for universities is soon coming to an end. Believe it or not, wise stewardship now will put us a position of strength. Those huge TV contracts seem good now, but when the dollar goes belly up, so will their value.

Advertisement
One more raping on national tv and heads should roll. , starting with Alf

Should be fired today w famu and ark st before Nebraska. Go ahead and appoint interim HC and hire Schiano as defensive consultant to run the defense. That's his audition for the job.

I feel like the team has quit already. Proof will come in Lincoln. We will get beat like that KState game.

Advertisement

I would of sent him home on a bus after the game. D cord/ Ocord/OL coach/ DL coach would of been on a bus ride home. I would fire them now and make Ice the Interm coach and find a qualfied coach ASAP. I still believe we should go after T Rob for the D cord . He can recruit and Coach big difference that what we have on our staff

Advertisement
I don't understand why so many are wasting their time speculating on who's going to the be next head coach soon. It's not happening, whether we want it to or not. There is no appetite to fire anyone in The U admin , and they surely don't want to spend the money on a buyout. If people realized the real state of this economy. the last thing we need is to take on any extra debt. Everyone I know in the financial world understands this economy is going to crash worse then 1929 in a year or two. These colleges financing all these major upgrades to their stadiums and facilities with the future hope of increased revenues are going to find their programs in the sh*t hole. The days of major football programs becoming a cash cow for universities is soon coming to an end. Believe it or not, wise stewardship now will put us a position of strength. Those huge TV contracts seem good now, but when the dollar goes belly up, so will their value.

i keep hearing this bs about a buy out? Fire his buddy and he will leave on his own and if not strip all his power from him to help force the issue

Advertisement
Back