observations

kperez4446

Sophomore
1) There was no gameplan last night other than to bend not break on defense and to play not to lose on offense

2) Gus Edwards should not be given the ball on short yardage situations should only play in garbage team. Give it to Tucker

3) Tracy Howard and Herb Waters were not on the field last night at least not when the game was still close

4) Why start Kayaa and say he's not a freshman hes the starting qb and than call all the plays like he's a freshman

5) Glad to see we have the best wrs in the nation and the worst passing attack

6) Deon is starting to remind me of Anthony Reddick great freshman season followed by mediocre play every following year. Seems like a pattern here

7) Has Stacy Coley ever made a play in a big game?

8) Trevor Darling and KC McDermott nowhere to be found worst the OL has ever looked since I can remember.

9) Not hard to gameplan vs our offense just run it up our throat and eventually we will just quit. Hasn't changed in 10 years

10) Punter looked decent, Duke looks like he has his speed back, Nice catch by Berrios, Armbrister looks like hes improved Walford has always been reliable. That's about all

Advertisement
Agreed on some things here.

Gus, as long as the RB's stick. I don't see a future for him at RB. Year 2. RB's don't take forever to develop. One of the easier positions to transition into. Gus should move to FB. Tucker should be at RB. Staff has it backwards. Hope staff gives Gray some burn, might be what we need for a bigger bodied back.

I was very concerned on the play time of Tracy, Herb, AQM, Chad, Yearby,KC, Darling, Dobard and Owens. WTF was THAT!

Playcalling hurt Kaaya more than anything as well as the bad o-line play.

We did not call the right plays to get our WRs involved. It was horrible.

Deon, looks healthy. Missed that coverage late in the game but I was fine with him. I was more disappointed in Dallas to be honest. Give me more Carter.

Stacy, missed an opportunity last night at least twice. I really am starting to think he gets very bad first game jitters. Im sure he'll bounce back.

Trevor and KC lack of play time bothered me especially with the crap play from Isidora and Gadbois.

Fentress should be on special teams.

Duke and Denzel are MEN. The play calling and ****** o-line play hurt Duke. Make no doubt. Duke is still a stud, I wish he had more help last night.

Isidora should have been jerked out of the game after that illegal man down field penalty. I have to question his football IQ after that play. We need smart and tough OL on field.

The Game Plan's sole objective consisted of "make zero mistakes and count on Louisville making more than us". I still cannot comprehend how Golden allowed Coley to run 80% screens and runs during the entire first half, and he continued with the same paltry strategy during the first two series of the second half. How does Golden permit this?

My girlfriend has watched at most 10 football games in her entire life and she asked me during the second half "why does Miami refuse to throw the ball forward".

Dorito did not lose us the game. He is stubborn to a fault and insists on installing components that have never worked and will ner work (i.e. having a 5.5 DE cover a 4.5 WR, or paying 10-yards off WRs), but he did not cost us the game.

What boggles my mind is Golden continues to play scared. It would be better for all if he actually employed 50% of his playbook (which is an NFL book) and went down showing some modicum of effort. I do not understand why Golden allows Coley to run a rudimentary offense in the hope that we can seize the game on the final drive.

Advertisement
Isidora should have been jerked out of the game after that illegal man down field penalty. I have to question his football IQ after that play. We need smart and tough OL on field.

If that were the only play I'd give him a pass on it. However, he was terrible all game in all facets, physically and mentally.

If that were the only play I'd give him a pass on it. However, he was terrible all game in all facets, physically and mentally.

Yep. Isidora was a trainwreck last night. So was Gadobois. The whole right side of the line was a total embarrassment. So was McDermott. Coley deserves a HEAP of blame for all sorts of things last night, but Kehoe needs to go ASAP. The OL has been the single biggest underachieving unit on this team for years now. Despite having huge experienced guys for years, guys that are and will play on Sundays, we play like this is Wake Forest.

Advertisement
Back