Inside look at the Offensive Mind of Bobby Petrino

Paranos

All-ACC
Here is an article I a came across that gives a very detailed inside look at the Offensive Mind of Bobby Petrino an compares it to Louisville's former Offensive coordinator. The man is scary good when it comes to offensive game planning, I pray D'Onofrio is up to the task of stopping this offense. The good thing is Miami now has safeties that can both cover with range and support the run.

Its a Great read for those wanting to learn more about offense
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/3/31/5546628/bobby-petrino-louisville-cardinals-football-offense-2014

Go Canes

Advertisement
Sounds like he likes a type of offense Al's defense might actually work against. We have destroyed by teams eating yardage in the chunks allowed by our passive drops. Bobby doesn't sound like a 5 or 6 yard guy. His plays that worked against our old aggressive defense years ago, might not do well now. Reading that made me feel better. Unless he starts dragging the TE across middle out in that open space Al leaves, we might be ok. Dude might waste a lot of effort trying to break down our Dline and punish it for aggressiveness, only find out their sole purpose is the dance with as many blockers as possible not make tackles. Charlie's offense was ideal for beating the crap out of Al's defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I looked inside his mind and this is all that I saw:

465.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back