Article: 2015 QB Gibson Leading for American Heritage

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 American Heritage (Fla.) QB Torrance Gibson is well aware of the stigma that has surrounded the Patriots for the past two years and he plans on changing it with this years playoffs.

“We’re very serious because everyone is doubting us and expecting us to lose. Heritage has a reputation for losing in the first round; so we have to show that we’re not that team anymore, we are an upscale team and we’re just preparing.”

Gibson was a back up last year for the Patriots and a year later some have called him one of the best dual threat quarterbacks in the nation.

“It’s amazing. I remember last year just watching Tyler Cogswell (Former Heritage QB) and he’s a great quarterback and they’re ranking me higher than he was. It’s a blessing and I’m thankful for it.”

The Patriots are 11-1 and rolling after pummeling Cardinal Gibbons (Fla.) in the first round by a score of 71-24. Head Coach and former Miami Hurricane Mike Rumph has done a terrific job with the team and the 6’3 190 pound quarterback commented on him.

“He’s like us, he knows what we’re going through. He knows his players, when they’re hurting and what’s going on with their families. That’s what I like about coach Rumph and everyone is comfortable around him.”

Colleges from all around the country have been in contact with the American Heritage product and he’s got a few that are sticking out.

“Ohio State, Miami, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Clemson, Florida State, and LSU.”

Gibson claims no leaders at the moment, but did talk about two schools in particular: Miami and Ohio State.

“With Miami, they have been recruiting me since I was in the 8th grade. I know coach Golden, he’s an awesome coach. They have great tradition at Miami, a great program and Miami’s the best Florida school I’ve been to so far. I haven’t been to any other Florida schools yet, but they’re the best right now.”

Gibson does admit the fact that the ‘Canes have been on his trail for so long does mean a lot to him.

“Oh yeah, when somebody has been recruiting you since the 8th grade it means they want you bad and you can tell.”

The Buckeyes are one of the many other schools after the highly ranked 2015 signal caller and he is intrigued by a lot of things the #3 ranked team in the country has to offer.

“They have a great offensive coordinator in Tom Herman and Urban Meyer is a great coach. He’s been doing that since he was with the Gators and now he’s doing it with Ohio State and he hasn’t lost a game. They have a great program there and they run the spread offense which I love, but it’s a great program.”

The dual threat quarterback has been invited to both the Under-Armour All-American game as well as the US Army All-American game.

When asked what will play a key factor into his decision Gibson said, “Education first, I want to go there for an education. Second, is the school going to fit me?, the offense, the campus, coaching staff. Just a school that will fit me.”

Advertisement
To me this is our savior our Manzel or Jamie Winst, he is the guy that makes Defensive coaches lose sleep.

Advertisement
To me this is our savior our Manzel or Jamie Winst, he is the guy that makes Defensive coaches lose sleep.

Well we Kevin Olsen who is suppose to be our savior and Kaaya is also suppose to be our savior. One of these kids better be our savior.

Well we Kevin Olsen who is suppose to be our savior and Kaaya is also suppose to be our savior. One of these kids better be our savior.

That's how you need to recruit. Something none of our prior coaches have done in a LONG time. Its what big time programs do. You stock up talent, and eventually, the best of the best breaks through, that's how you become elite.

Torrance Gibson is, in the eyes of Ohio State and Urban Meyer the follow up to Braxton Miller. BRAXTON MILLER. Let that sink in. He's a better passer than Miller was out of high school and has even more upside. Consider that in our offense. Coley was able to make EJ "Incapable" Manuel look good, imagine what he can do with Gibson. Let's hope Olsen is good enough for the time being, but this is the QB gem I am really looking forward to. He'll be a star even if he doesn't go to the U. But oh, I pray to Based God he does.

Advertisement
I haven't seen an offensive weapon like this in South Florida in I don't know how long. This guy is a program changer and will be a legendary player for a school. He will have the same historical impact as V Young, Newton, Tebow, etc for a team.

I don't care if we sign the #1 class next year, if it doesn't include Gibson, I'll be extremely disappointed. We want to win a title again, we need rare dynamic talents like this. Especially at the QB position. Bring him in and adapt the offense to his skill set, and watch the wins pile up and the records fall.

By the end of his senior year as his decision making improves no one in south Florida will be able to stop this kid. He's just getting back into the groove of things of playing qb, hasn't played it since 8th grade.

You know he's going to keep improving just from the leap he made from the start of the season to now. His decision making and making quick reads must continue to improve, but the kid is an extraordinary talent. When you have nfl DBs on your coaching staff saying he's one of the most gifted athletes they've been around, it tells you everything you need to know

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
This guy to me has to be the #1 target next year because his potential at wr or qb is special so you take it

I agree with everything you mentioned, this is big for south florida. Also he should have plenty of targets to spread the wealth if he picked UM because the 2015 class in south florida is stacked with WRs that are play-makers. Just imagine Gibson having the choice to throw to Phillips(who I think flips to us), Burgess-Becker, Irvin, Durante, Peete, Ridley, T.Martin, or Clarington.

This guy to me has to be the #1 target next year because his potential at wr or qb is special so you take it

I agree with everything you mentioned, this is big for south florida. Also he should have plenty of targets to spread the wealth if he picked UM because the 2015 class in south florida is stacked with WRs that are play-makers. Just imagine Gibson having the choice to throw to Phillips(who I think flips to us), Burgess-Becker, Irvin, Durante, Peete, Ridley, T.Martin, or Clarington.
I can be wrong but he seems like that "face of the class" type prospect because everybody knows how sick of a wr he is and now UM can compare him to Manziel, Pryor, Newton, Vick, RG3 and all the great dual threats and there will be a great argument that he can be every bit as good as each guy.

A class without this guy is a failure. Period. Must get.

THIS is the dynamic player that wins you championships.

Advertisement
"Miami’s the best Florida school I’ve been to so far. I haven’t been to any other Florida schools yet, but they’re the best right now."

We back.

221.jpg

I agree with everyone saying he should be the#1 priority next year. My only concern is will he be convinced UM would tailor the offense to fit his skill set,since he likes the spread & Urban is on him.

Advertisement
Back