2025 OT Lamar Williams commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Several of those "pancake" highlights are someone getting into his chest, and then he does the old arm-hook and hip-toss (sometimes with his left arm coming down on their back in what looks like a blatant hold). I saw D$ say the kid has elite arm length (and it kind of stands out on film), but Mirabal and Mario are going to have to teach this young man how to use those arms effectively. He looks more athletic in the run game than in pass protection. Seems like a lot of clay that will need some years to mold, but he's got some physical traits you can't teach. Will be curious to see how he improves in his senior film.

Several of those "pancake" highlights are someone getting into his chest, and then he does the old arm-hook and hip-toss (sometimes with his left arm coming down on their back in what looks like a blatant hold). I saw D$ say the kid has elite arm length (and it kind of stands out on film), but Mirabal and Mario are going to have to teach this young man how to use those arms effectively. He looks more athletic in the run game than in pass protection. Seems like a lot of clay that will need some years to mold, but he's got some physical traits you can't teach. Will be curious to see how he improves in his senior film.
Thank you

Very good breakdown of this youngman's highlights.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Havana? No idea about this kid but this had to sting the noles that’s their backyard

No idea if NFC is still a power up there but back in the day this is the type of kid they’d be pulling and turning him into a national recruit.

Advertisement
Havana? No idea about this kid but this had to sting the noles that’s their backyard

No idea if NFC is still a power up there but back in the day this is the type of kid they’d be pulling and turning him into a national recruit.
I doubt FSU goes away in his recruitment although it didn't work on Artavius Jones either.

I doubt FSU goes away in his recruitment although it didn't work on Artavius Jones either.

That’s a quick drive so I’m sure they’ll be on his *** to be at almost every home game

That Havana/quincy area is tiny so his level of comp might be questionable which explains why he gets away with just pure size over technique but that’s most HS OL

Advertisement
Back