2023 2023 Commits are all in on Mario

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Since the Duke game, a number of them have been interviewed by various Cane sites. They all say the same thing: they believe in Mario's vision and are ready to come in and work to bring the U back to where it belongs.

Some of their comments:

Raul Aguirre (highlights from ON3 interview)

As a member of Cristobal’s inaugural class at Miami, Aguirre believes the 2023 group has the potential to be special and will bring something unique on and off the field.

“We’re coming in not just as good football players but as good people off the field,” Aguirre said. “We’re coming in deep and we’re coming in all on one mission to get ready to go. It’s not even excitement. I’m going there with the mindset that no one can stop me. I’m planning to do the thing I love most: playing football and just getting out there.”

Aguirre says that schools who were recruiting him before his commitment are still reaching out. These include Alabama, UF, FSU and Ohio State. What does he say to them?

“Honestly, they say things about Miami’s record and this and that,” “I just say stick around later and they’ll see when it’s all said and done.”

Advertisement
Riley Williams:

“It’s not how us recruits expected it to go, but it’s the game of football,” . “There are ups and downs, just how life goes. We all see the vision. They talk to us about it all the time and they joke with us, like we need y’all tomorrow, we need you at practice. We all see the vision of where it’s going.”

“I could have that chance to play early, just like Jaleel (Skinner). Make plays for the team and get some wins.”

Frankie Tinilau:

Mario Cristobal was one of the coaches that Tinliau spoke to after the game. “He just preached heavy on this is why we recruited you, need you,” Tinilau said. “He said you’ll be in good hands, will come in at a perfect time when you’re needed the most.”

Tinilau says from talking to other commits that no one is swaying on their pledges. “We still have a good bond, connection,” Tinilau said. “Nobody is wavering, nothing like that.”

Frances Mauigoa:

“I want to come in and set an example of what we’re going to start,” ” I was thinking of bringing ‘the U’ back. That’s the main goal. I’m going to come in ready to compete. I’m going to give it my all. I want all my teammates to give it their all, so I’m going to give 100%.”

" I’m 100% committed, not changing my mind. Win or I lose, I’m going to bring ‘the U’ back.”

Mauigoa has been vocal on social media throughout the recruiting cycle in an attempt to entice elite prospects to Miami, has a straightforward pitch for some of the country’s top uncommitted prospects.

“I want to surround myself with players that want to really bring this program up. That’s why I want to recruit multiple kids, Samson (Okunola), Samuel (Mmemba) Cormani (McClain), all of them big guys. I want to surround myself with those guys because they’re really good players and they’re into the competition.”

Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Advertisement
This is a part of the “cultural change” that is truly needed around here.

Listen to what these guys are saying…then, compare that to what kind of play and mentality you’ve seen with some of these players…

Their whole mentality is different. They sound like they would punch back when hit in the mouth…

I like that a lot…even if we don’t keep everyone in, I like the mentality of those that will sign. These will be the beginning of the program change

Frances Mauigoa:

“I want to come in and set an example of what we’re going to start,” ” I was thinking of bringing ‘the U’ back. That’s the main goal. I’m going to come in ready to compete. I’m going to give it my all. I want all my teammates to give it their all, so I’m going to give 100%.”

" I’m 100% committed, not changing my mind. Win or I lose, I’m going to bring ‘the U’ back.”

Mauigoa has been vocal on social media throughout the recruiting cycle in an attempt to entice elite prospects to Miami, has a straightforward pitch for some of the country’s top uncommitted prospects.

“I want to surround myself with players that want to really bring this program up. That’s why I want to recruit multiple kids, Samson (Okunola), Samuel (Mmemba) Cormani (McClain), all of them big guys. I want to surround myself with those guys because they’re really good players and they’re into the competition.”
Aye Francis you got Cormani now only a few more on your list lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I LOVE how some of the recruits are talking, how they are busy recruiting through social media, how they are passionate about bringing back the U.
But nobody else notice how these reports come from kids not from SoFla? Mario gets it. Eventually the SoFla kids will. We’ll just see if there is still room at that time. Keep the high level out of state kids coming. Real Canes aren’t determined by where they grow up, its by whAt the bleed.

I LOVE how some of the recruits are talking, how they are busy recruiting through social media, how they are passionate about bringing back the U.
But nobody else notice how these reports come from kids not from SoFla? Mario gets it. Eventually the SoFla kids will. We’ll just see if there is still room at that time. Keep the high level out of state kids coming. Real Canes aren’t determined by where they grow up, its by whAt the bleed.
Real Canes are made not born as well. This is where elite recruiters like Mario come into play. J Wayne didn’t grow up a Cane but he will end up one.

Real Canes are made not born as well. This is where elite recruiters like Mario come into play. J Wayne didn’t grow up a Cane but he will end up one.
Agreed - I’m just saying OOS kids not only buy in to Mario, they are taking it to the next level by being solid, not wavering, recruiting others,etc.
It’s been that way for a few years It seems. The most passionate Cane recruits seem to be OOS (Berrios comes to mind). Now it seems like most of this class is like that. And I love that.

Advertisement
Back