“If I can get paid to go to UM, why would I go to Alabama” - TY Hilton

Your avatar is a Canadian actor playing make believe.
1000001144.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding is made of truths that are consistent with the efficacy of the universe's trajectory through the space and time continuum. In addition, take into account the sheer mass of the obtuse angular trapezoidal correspondence of the thought processes and you ultimately deduce that....... I. WON.

Please be seated.

The End.
1000001128.gif

I won't stand for this. But I won't sit either.

Last edited:
A small few starting actually.

Well Mario doesn't coach very well. His last refuge is he is a great recruiter who builds great teams. I just haven't seen it with Miami. If this team wins 11-12 games with transfers I won't want him fired but it still won't show he's a great team builder. Just a hole plugger.
Well, duh. Most starters, across all of football, are juniors/seniors. That said, we had something like the 4th most snaps logged by freshmen last season (probably because Manny's upperclassmen were mostly garbage, but that's a different thread).

Just look at your buddy Norvell. In years 1 and 2, with Taggart's upperclassmen playing most of the minutes, they managed to lose to your boyfriend by 50 and forfeit a few games. Come year 4, after all of those guys have been exorcised, they're a pLaYOfF team. Coincidence?

We get it. You want to have your Mario sucks cake, and eat it too - but perhaps we should wait until the players in the 7th then 4th then... highest ranked recruiting classes in the country are juniors and seniors before we complain about them not starting.

There's plenty of stuff to **** on Mario for ("the kneel," continually getting owned by a bunch of Mormons, losing to 3-win Stanford when a playoff spot is on the line, slapping Pete Garcia...) - talent acquisition just ain't one of those things.

Well, duh. Most starters, across all of football, are juniors/seniors. That said, we had something like the 4th most snaps logged by freshmen last season (probably because Manny's upperclassmen were mostly garbage, but that's a different thread).

Just look at your buddy Norvell. In years 1 and 2, with Taggart's upperclassmen playing most of the minutes, they managed to lose to your boyfriend by 50 and forfeit a few games. Come year 4, after all of those guys have been exorcised, they're a pLaYOfF team. Coincidence?

We get it. You want to have your Mario sucks cake, and eat it too - but perhaps we should wait until the players in the 7th then 4th then... highest ranked recruiting classes in the country are juniors and seniors before we complain about them not starting.

There's plenty of stuff to **** on Mario for ("the kneel," continually getting owned by a bunch of Mormons, losing to 3-win Stanford when a playoff spot is on the line, slapping Pete Garcia...) - talent acquisition just ain't one of those things.
I'm aware of the point. It's just that historically slow roster building unaccompanied by wins has never been a thing. Well, when talking about team/coach combos that have won national championships.

When Mario's results are on par with coaches who supposedly are bad recruiters I start to think that that might be a myth.

In year 3 Mario needs to win big. If he does it will be primarily with transfers. That's fine with me. If he can keep it up I'll be proud of transfer U. But it won't be with his recruits doing more than support (with a few exceptions). His first recruiting class he was lauded for saving. People pointed to that as to him being a great recruiter. Where are those guys now?

I'll only be sold on him as a recruiter of great teams when he does it. Whatever faith or leeway I had to give he took.

Manny never developed anyone...Rouseou had a single break out year and didn't even want to come back to play for Manny.
Devil's advocate is really just an a-hole: Sewell then wasn't "developed" by Mario bc he didn't want to come back to play for him and only played in 21 games in 3y bc, go figure, he was injured for half a season, too.

Advertisement
I'm aware of the point. It's just that historically slow roster building unaccompanied by wins has never been a thing. Well, when talking about team/coach combos that have won national championships.

When Mario's results are on par with coaches who supposedly are bad recruiters I start to think that that might be a myth.

In year 3 Mario needs to win big. If he does it will be primarily with transfers. That's fine with me. If he can keep it up I'll be proud of transfer U. But it won't be with his recruits doing more than support (with a few exceptions). His first recruiting class he was lauded for saving. People pointed to that as to him being a great recruiter. Where are those guys now?

I'll only be sold on him as a recruiter of great teams when he does it. Whatever faith or leeway I had to give he took.
So, you are aware that most starters are upperclassmen, and are also aware that none of Mario's recruits were yet upperclassmen, but still want to whing about Mario not having enough of his recruits starting. You've built yourself a rather formidable strawman to tilt with. And, that you don't want to give a mulligan, or grade on a curve, or whatever metaphor, for the transition class - that's fine. I just disagree.

Fair enough - re your last point, though. He has to do it here. I just don't think "12-13" is evidence enough to show that he can't or won't.

You guys made the quote about Miami when it was really about Alabama. Hilton was saying that players can get paid anywhere now. They no longer have to go to Alabama if they want to make money. He used Miami as an example because he’s from here and obviously played for Mario in college but the statement was more about Alabama than Miami.

Here’s a Mario led team going into the Shoe and beating a team with more talent pretty **** convincingly:

that said he lost a few games at Oregon, on paper he shouldn’t had. He also won 2 conference titles. He hasn’t done **** at Miami. Miami also had been boarder-line mediocre for 20 years. The talent acquisition going on right now is among the best in the nation. With all the Miami hate going around rn we must be doing something right this offseason

Didn't he beat Ohio St with Oregon in Columbus?
One game. ONE game. Ho-lee-sheet. One game does not a title team make.

For every OSU big win, there are two Utah losses, with a touch of MTSU thrown in.

Advertisement
Sure. But someone should remind the individual that not everyone makes the league or more importantly that second NFL contract. To navigate through all of those things including injury concerns leaves a lot to chance

Besides if your talented you will get drafted wherever you go let’s be real…
Then why don't all of our 5* guys get drafted?

Advertisement
Devil's advocate is really just an a-hole: Sewell then wasn't "developed" by Mario bc he didn't want to come back to play for him and only played in 21 games in 3y bc, go figure, he was injured for half a season, too.
My guy, Sewell was absolutely developed by Cristobal/Mirabal. He literally played 3 years and when he chose to not return, he finished the season to get picked in the 1st round. Rouseou played only one year bro and didn’t even play the year he got drafted. Stop it. Jesus!

My guy, Sewell was absolutely developed by Cristobal/Mirabal. He literally played 3 years and when he chose to not return, he finished the season to get picked in the 1st round. Rouseou played only one year bro and didn’t even play the year he got drafted. Stop it. Jesus!
Sewell played in 2020?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back