Zebras for future games

The only way the Zebras won’t matter is if get back to our winning ways a la Jimmy Johnson - take no prisoners. Until then, we’ll have to endure Zebra ****…

Advertisement
So apparently nobody here, including me, knows what ref crew is scheduled to work the game vs the turds. Given that UM and UF obviously know, it is just surprising to me in this day where almost everything is online that there isn't a list of which conference officials are working which games.
I mean - can you envision ANY problems whatsoever with releasing that information publicly? Because imo it's pretty obvious.

I mean - can you envision ANY problems whatsoever with releasing that information publicly? Because imo it's pretty obvious.
I see no problem with revealing the conference the officials are from, do you?

If I wanted to bet on a game, say involving Oregon playing at Alabama, I'd sure as **** like to know if SEC officials were doing the game.

It is less of an issue for Miami because we knowingly (presumably) joined the Tobacco conference knowing we wouldn't catch any breaks ffom "our" officials

I see no problem with revealing the conference the officials are from, do you?

If I wanted to bet on a game, say involving Oregon playing at Alabama, I'd sure as **** like to know if SEC officials were doing the game.

It is less of an issue for Miami because we knowingly (presumably) joined the Tobacco conference knowing we wouldn't catch any breaks ffom "our" officials
In an age of online threats, and possibility (however slim) for big money rigging games, yes I can see the issue. Do I think it would happen? Probably not. But ZERO net gain publicizing that long in advance, and lots of risk. So for that reason (for me) it wouldn't make sense.

It's possible I misunderstood you though, if you weren't saying to identify the specific crew, but rather, what grouping they're in - then my bad.

Advertisement
In an age of online threats, and possibility (however slim) for big money rigging games, yes I can see the issue. Do I think it would happen? Probably not. But ZERO net gain publicizing that long in advance, and lots of risk. So for that reason (for me) it wouldn't make sense.

It's possible I misunderstood you though, if you weren't saying to identify the specific crew, but rather, what grouping they're in - then my bad.
I probably wasn't clear. Yes, identify the conference the refs came from, not the individuals.

If there is a bias, and I believe there is, doesn’t FSU get killed by the refs this year for ACC lawsuit?

We are better off with SEC officials. Forget the bias, they are simply better conference officials. They let us play against TAMU and actually gifted us the B Smith touchdown return. Overall, I think they just aren't as ticky tack. The ACC officials look to be the stars of the game.

Advertisement
What about the season when we had something like a top 20 (top 10?) pass rush in the country and somehow didn't have a holding call in our favor for the entire season.

Yea.... **** the refs. Put the game out of reach so they aren't a factor.

Advertisement
Back