Teddy Bridgewater named new HC at Miami Northwestern

He decommitted when Shannon was released. That's not necessarily surprising; I've seen a lot of recruits do this over the years for different programs when a regime change takes place. A little of this is on Golden however; it was up to Al to re-recruit him and get him to come back aboard.

If I'm not mistaken there was a prominent recruit in the 2016 class who decommitted after Golden was released. Richt was able to reel him back in a few days later.

Another aside. After Teddy decommitted, we were down to just two commitments that still stood for the 2011 class. The class evaporating in the weeks leading up to Shannon's departure. Teddy was the last one out the door, I believe.

That collapse of the 2011 class coupled with the rapid attrition of the 2010 class within 12 months of its signing was a dual-disaster that set the Hurricanes back for at least five years.
we had TB as well Amari Cooper, Eli Rogers and Louis Nix before they replaced Shannon with Folden.

Advertisement
He decommitted when Shannon was released. That's not necessarily surprising; I've seen a lot of recruits do this over the years for different programs when a regime change takes place. A little of this is on Golden however; it was up to Al to re-recruit him and get him to come back aboard.

If I'm not mistaken there was a prominent recruit in the 2016 class who decommitted after Golden was released. Richt was able to reel him back in a few days later.

Another aside. After Teddy decommitted, we were down to just two commitments that still stood for the 2011 class. The class evaporating in the weeks leading up to Shannon's departure. Teddy was the last one out the door, I believe.

That collapse of the 2011 class coupled with the rapid attrition of the 2010 class within 12 months of its signing was a dual-disaster that set the Hurricanes back for at least five years.
Those last two classes of Shannon’s were awful… he’s a cane from the glory days but **** did it not feel like he gave up on the program.

Not that Al needed any excuses for his failure (keeping NoD was his own mistake) but we were seriously devoid of talent across the entire roster…

Amari Cooper was never a Miami commit. We had no shot there.
Am I mistaking him for someone else?. It was a while back now. Thought he was Miami bound until they canned Shannon but I could be wrong. Could have sworn there was another reciever we lost out on other than Rogers 🤔

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back