Takeaways from Canes Baseball's first road series win

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Miami hit the low point of their season with a loss to FIU, only to bounce back and take their first road series win up in Blacksburg. Javi Salas, who threw the 23rd perfect game in D1 history for the Canes, joined the CanesInSight Podcast with his takeaways on the week in Canes baseball:

On the FIU loss and series win against Virginia Tech: We've had our struggles in state all year long. That loss spoke to some of the talent issues that Miami's experiencing. The...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Good discussion on the state of the program and players in the program moving forward.

I think .500 is the goal at this point. No team or coach wants to be in the record books for the 1st losing season since the 1950's.

Assuming we aren't swept this weekend, they'll make the ACCT and JD and his staff get another year, I presume.

The $64k question is - are they capable and will they work hard enough to replicate what FSU, Clemson, etc did in the portal? Tough task ahead, as I suspect it's harder to acquire solid SP in the portal vs position players.

Advertisement
Back