5/17/24 Game 54: Pitt 7pm ACCNX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethune scored 6 runs without putting a ball in play, so I’m gonna guess it happened at least once then. But I’ve been trying to forget, tbh.
I’m thinking there’s a third game where it happened beside Bethune and tonight. Not that twice isn’t insane enough.

Advertisement
A run is wiped off the board due to an issue with Urso’s bat

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll be frank;

The low hanging fruit on this season will be injuries to key players, but b4 the injuries this was a bad baseball team.

Even in games we’ve won, it felt like a miracle vs. a true baseball performance. This pitching has been God-awful. I don’t care if they have an inning or two of rock solid pitching, I’m still trying to recall a game where we just didn’t gift base runners on wild pitches, hit batsmen, or 0-2 walks. This team shoots itself in the foot constantly, & I warned this board months ago that

1. Once we enter ACC play it’s going to be a roller coaster &

2. We can’t continue to play w/ fire every game & expect positive results.

We’ve made a lot of bad teams look good this yr, & that’s y we’ve made history in a negative way. Never have seen a team so up and down, with more downs than up in my life. Sad times for Miami athletics.

It’ll take a deep run in Charlotte to finish .500 now. School record is 29 losses in ‘02 btw

Advertisement
It’ll take a deep run in Charlotte to finish .500 now. School record is 29 losses in ‘02 btw
Yeah and that 02team was coming off a championship the previous year and despite the record beat UF at UF in regionals and had SC on the ropes in the super before a late comeback. (I think SC ended up national runner up too) SC had D2 North Greenvilles current coach Landon Powell.

Maybe this team can run the Acc tourney, win the UGA regional and then see what happens from there..I don’t want to get ahead of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back