2024-2027 Targets/Commits Updates 5/13-5/19

Advertisement
Tampa Jesuit defeated American Heritage to win the state title

And yes @We'retheBoss he is Doug’s son

Aging Matt Damon GIF

How many current committed recruit for next season are going to the draft do we know

Advertisement
FWIW, I was with someone who would absolutely be in the know over the weekend and was told there would only be about 6 players returning from this year's roster. I expected drastic changes but I pushed back on that many and 6 was again emphasized. That only two would be lost to the draft (Gage & Rafe), possibly Henrik based on stuff but everyone else would essentially be cut. So expect a completely new team

FWIW, I was with someone who would absolutely be in the know over the weekend and was told there would only be about 6 players returning from this year's roster. I expected drastic changes but I pushed back on that many and 6 was again emphasized. That only two would be lost to the draft (Gage & Rafe), possibly Henrik based on stuff but everyone else would essentially be cut. So expect a completely new team
Is your six just pitchers, or the whole roster?
I would bring back 5-6 pitchers and 4 position players. That's it!

I was looking at the roster last night, and honestly it’s almost a necessity from a numbers standpoint. We have 19 HS commits even when you assume Shields, Collera, and King aren’t coming. Last year we brought in 7 transfers (including JUCO) when the complaint was that JD didn’t have time. So let’s assume 10 this year. That’s 29 players. You may have a commit or two not show up or carry a couple extra players to start the fall, but basically you have 6-8 spots for returning players.

Advertisement
I was looking at the roster last night, and honestly it’s almost a necessity from a numbers standpoint. We have 19 HS commits even when you assume Shields, Collera, and King aren’t coming. Last year we brought in 7 transfers (including JUCO) when the complaint was that JD didn’t have time. So let’s assume 10 this year. That’s 29 players. You may have a commit or two not show up or carry a couple extra players to start the fall, but basically you have 6-8 spots for returning players.
So, if true, are these the six:
Cyr
Cuvet
Torres
Robert
Walters
Caba

I don't see JD cutting Dorian though, and what are your thoughts on Vargas?

Advertisement
So, if true, are these the six:
Cyr
Cuvet
Torres
Robert
Walters
Caba

I don't see JD cutting Dorian though, and what are your thoughts on Vargas?
Hard to get a read on Vargas with the way injuries disrupted his season. He showed some promise and then things went sideways on him.

No way I see Dorian getting cut either, but I can also see him going on Day 3 of the draft. His junior season (on a worse team) and performance on the Cape both compare favorably to Vilar who also went in the 20 round era.

Advertisement
Back