Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
By APPL conference APPL could be 200, NVDA could be 1000
Nasdaq, S&P and Dow hit record highs.
Alito has flag upside down…Think about it.

Advertisement
How long are you going to hold it?

My opinion-
I don’t believe we move away from government backed currency.
With this money, I'm usually in and out. I'm sitting on an 18% gain for over 3 months. I thought with the halving and the ETFs coming on line that it would have been a lot higher already.

Yeah, I thought Bitcoin was a joke in the beginning, but I've come around and now I see it as a valuable store of value with world wide appeal.

Advertisement
With this money, I'm usually in and out. I'm sitting on an 18% gain for over 3 months. I thought with the halving and the ETFs coming on line that it would have been a lot higher already.

Yeah, I thought Bitcoin was a joke in the beginning, but I've come around and now I see it as a valuable store of value with world wide appeal.

I never thought it was a joke. I just see the geopolitics around fiat money and don’t think we are close to seeing an end of fiat.

Bitcoin as an investment- you are buying into the idea that the world population is going to need a monetary solution that will replace the USD as we become less of the world reserve currency. You are also buying that the Brics won’t build out that currency. You are also buying the idea that people trust Banks less and less to the point they stop using them and instead use Bitcoin and the block chain. This does leave out the bigger question of how to replace banks for m2 but I figured that would happen naturally as lending has always occurred.

I never thought it was a joke. I just see the geopolitics around fiat money and don’t think we are close to seeing an end of fiat.

Bitcoin as an investment- you are buying into the idea that the world population is going to need a monetary solution that will replace the USD as we become less of the world reserve currency. You are also buying that the Brics won’t build out that currency. You are also buying the idea that people trust Banks less and less to the point they stop using them and instead use Bitcoin and the block chain. This does leave out the bigger question of how to replace banks for m2 but I figured that would happen naturally as lending has always occurred.
Yes, "the world population is going to need a monetary solution."

For the near term I think Bitcoin is it.

Yes, "the world population is going to need a monetary solution."

For the near term I think Bitcoin is it.
For the near term, it will remain the USD.

We are talking a Massive collapse of the world economy, banking, and U.S. government.

Bitcoin is around 1-2T, 38b/day of transaction volume up a little from 2023.

the USD is around 3-4T per day or nearly 100x that of Bitcoin.

Advertisement
For the near term, it will remain the USD.

We are talking a Massive collapse of the world economy, banking, and U.S. government.

Bitcoin is around 1-2T, 38b/day of transaction volume up a little from 2023.

the USD is around 3-4T per day or nearly 100x that of Bitcoin.
I meant an alternative to currency, not a replacement.

Silver broke 30$.. Anyone have any causation?
'
I posted this on the inflation thread:

Longer term, hard assets like commodities, metals, agriculture, real estate, etc. look attractive because of the outrageous US deficits, demand that keeps growing, supplies that are declining, lack of new investment, etc. etc.

Its only one day, but Friday, silver was up 6%, copper was up 5%, uranium 5%, etc. etc. Rates skyrocketing should have made real estate crash, and yet its held up, etc. etc.

Re silver, all of the above applies, plus its used in data centers, electronics, EV's, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back