RB Damien Martinez transfers to Miami

View as article
The last winning season we had we went 8-3 (didn't play Ark ST that year due to Covid cancelation), was with Lashlee & King.

It worked out in the capacity that our Offense in 2020 was ranked
- 26th in the Nation in PPG, averaging 34 points a game
- 24th in Total Offense averaging 439.8 yards per game
- Gained a total of 4,838yds of Offense
- 40.1% in 3rd down conversion rate
- 1,788yds in rushing
- 90.7% Red Zone scoring rate

We finished the season ranked 22nd & was 7-2 in conference play. And this was while simultaneously having a horrendous run Defense & a Secondary that couldn't cover a bowling pin.

He put up the highest offensive productivity that we had in over decades worth a time during his tenure & parlayed that into becoming a HC.

Enox was atrocious.
In 2019, Miami was ranked:

- 90th in Total Offense
- 120th in rushing
- 132nd in 3rd down conversion Offense
- 121st in Red Zone scoring
- 73rd in scoring
- 76th in yards per play
- 25% 3rd down conversion

I don't think there needs to be much debate on that, he's been pretty much awful everywhere he's been, hence why he got fired last year in the middle of the season at Arkansas after they were ranked 119th in Offense & lost their 6th straight game to Miss ST in which they only scored 3 points off a grand total of 200yds on the game.

Gattless was actually worse.

We averaged 16.4 ppg against P5 opponents & had an even worse rushing Offense. We were 99th in rush yards per game & 95th in rush yards per carry at 3.7ypc. We only score one rushing TD vs P5 opponents that year, the other 11 rushing TD's were against Bethune, Southern Miss & Midd Tenn ST, with 7 of them coming against Bethune.

Dawson was good up until the UNC game & the Offense nosedived off a cliff for 4 weeks. The jury is still out on him, but given his past history I believe he's more than competent enough to not figure out a way to mess this current situation up.

He's been a good OC that has produced good Offenses everywhere he's been, except for the 1 year at Kentucky.
how do you think Dawson's offense meshes with Cam's game?

Advertisement
This dude had 744yds AFTER contact, which accounts for 62.7% of his rushing yards. Plus was 14th in broken/missed tackles.

Unless Dawson & Mario figure out a way to concoct the biggest fck up of all-time; having Killa Cam the General at QB, with Damian Martinez at RB, with Sam Brown, J George & XR at WR, with Elijah Arroyo & Riley Williams at TE, this Offense can really be very very versatile & dynamic. It's a pick your poison special & this is Inland Taipan quality venom.

Behind this OLine, wtf are you going to stop??? Go ahead & load the box dumb DC, Cam is going kidnap your DB's & hold'em for ransom. Ohh, you wanna drop 7 in coverage & sit back in Zone, no problem, Damian is coming to do a home invasion on your LB's & bludgeon them blunt-force objects. Now you wanna get exocitc & force pressure on the outside to make Cam slide in the pocket, no problem at all, XR & Arroyo will be taking your Slots & Safeties on a high speed chase down the seams...

The more film I've been watching of our Offensive additions, the more I try to figure out what ways can they mess this up. And IMHO, I haven’t found more than 1, which is scary.

So in other words, this Offense can be LETHAL!
The only two concerns I have are these two, especially Shannon after the scripted plays are done.

1716141173460.jpeg

1716141366537.jpeg

The last winning season we had we went 8-3 (didn't play Ark ST that year due to Covid cancelation), was with Lashlee & King.

- 1,788yds in rushing

We finished the season ranked 22nd & was 7-2 in conference play. And this was while simultaneously having a horrendous run Defense & a Secondary that couldn't cover a bowling pin.

He put up the highest offensive productivity that we had in over decades worth a time during his tenure & parlayed that into becoming a HC.

Enox was atrocious.

- 90th in Total Offense
- 120th in rushing
- 73rd in scoring
- 76th in yards per play

I don't think there needs to be much debate on that, he's been pretty much awful everywhere he's been, hence why he got fired last year in the middle of the season at Arkansas after they were ranked 119th in Offense & lost their 6th straight game to Miss ST in which they only scored 3 points off a grand total of 200yds on the game.

We averaged 16.4 ppg against P5 opponents & had an even worse rushing Offense. We were 99th in rush yards per game & 95th in rush yards per carry at 3.7ypc. We only score one rushing TD vs P5 opponents that year, the other 11 rushing TD's were against Bethune, Southern Miss & Midd Tenn ST, with 7 of them coming against Bethune.

Dawson was good up until the UNC game & the Offense nosedived off a cliff for 4 weeks. The jury is still out on him, but given his past history I believe he's more than competent enough to not figure out a way to mess this current situation up.

He's been a good OC that has produced good Offenses everywhere he's been, except for the 1 year at Kentucky.
So I'm a lil confused here. You mention 2020 when d eriq had an insane year. When the acc didn't have any film on us and lashlee had some weapons to work with (so long as d eriq played the way he did). While I do feel the offense was very predictable, it did somewhat work. Most of us said it would initially work exactly that way. But why do you discount his only other year with us where his offense gave us limited results and was insanely one dimensional? Myself I'd say he was very hit or miss and too predictable when it mattered. Just look at any third and short to see proof of that. Not many complaints when it related to him and the pace of the offense. But when you're trotting out the same plays over and over you're not gonna get the results you want. Maybe you see year two as because d eriq got hurt it derailed our season. Myself I saw it as we didn't have film out in that style of offense. It worked until coordinators knew what to plan for and made adjustments. Year two showed that until we had to pull d eriq and switched up the offense again with Tyler. The only thing synonymous was the predictability of our running game. I say all that, while agreeing he was one of the better hires we made in a long minute. I just don't like seeing the double standards we employ from time to time.

So I'm a lil confused here. You mention 2020 when d eriq had an insane year. When the acc didn't have any film on us and lashlee had some weapons to work with (so long as d eriq played the way he did). While I do feel the offense was very predictable, it did somewhat work. Most of us said it would initially work exactly that way. But why do you discount his only other year with us where his offense gave us limited results and was insanely one dimensional? Myself I'd say he was very hit or miss and too predictable when it mattered. Just look at any third and short to see proof of that. Not many complaints when it related to him and the pace of the offense. But when you're trotting out the same plays over and over you're not gonna get the results you want. Maybe you see year two as because d eriq got hurt it derailed our season. Myself I saw it as we didn't have film out in that style of offense. It worked until coordinators knew what to plan for and made adjustments. Year two showed that until we had to pull d eriq and switched up the offense again with Tyler. The only thing synonymous was the predictability of our running game. I say all that, while agreeing he was one of the better hires we made in a long minute. I just don't like seeing the double standards we employ from time to time.
What double standard is that exactly?

In 2021
- We averaged 34 points per game again
- 40.9% in 3rd down conversion
- Amassed 5,386yds of total Offense
- Averaged 448ypg.

TVD had the best season of his career coming in after King got injured.

As for the 3rd & 1 plays you all get so hung up on, what exactly was the solution to the problem? Because in 2022 under a supposedly better Running scheme, we had a significantly lower 3rd down conversion rate & a worse run game. Maybe 3rd down & 1 weren't being converted because of personnel? But either way, who gives AF about 3rd down & 1? We scored 34 points a game.

2021 was a lame duck season because the Defense had continued to get worse & worse, we couldn't stop anybody & it was obvious Manny Diaz was getting fired.

Offensive predictability is debatable, considering we had more yards that season than we ever had in school history & had it not been for the Offense we would've went 4-8 at best.

But aside from that, what exactly is your point?

Compared to Enox & Gattless, Lashlee is whole other stratosphere as an OC & play caller. In fact, you could go back until 01 with Chud & Lashlee's 2 years at Miami stacks up against nearly every OC we had over those 2 decades.

So what double standard are you alluding to? What Coach are trying to say that I'm being unfair towards while not doing the same for Lashlee?

Advertisement

- 1,788yds in rushing

Enox was atrocious.

- 90th in Total Offense
- 120th in rushing
- 73rd in scoring
- 76th in yards per play

***** said Gattless lmao 🤣

Advertisement
Most fans hated Lashlee. He's average to me. It's just that we've had bad OC's for soo long that average looks good to us

I'll be focused on his development this season. I think he was first team in the Spring Game and Lyle should push him once he arrives.

Advertisement
Back