Miami Flo's Predictions

Ya'll better hope @Rellyrell doesn't read this thread.

Nah, I’m over it. Like u can’t lead a horse to drink water, & I’m tired of rehashing, providing evidence, etc. Let ppl believe what they want, but it amazes me how fans say they want best but then justify mediocrity across the board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nah, I’m over it. Like u can’t lead a horse to drink water, & I’m tired of rehashing, provided evidence, etc. Let ppl believe what they want, but it amazes me how fans say they want best but then justify mediocrity across the board.
For me is simple if Adidas paid more you go with it end of story. In this NIL era they can buy a gucci stuff and play with it if they wanted. A top 5 being an Adidas school is a take everyday.

Nah, I’m over it. Like u can’t lead a horse to drink water, & I’m tired of rehashing, provided evidence, etc. Let ppl believe what they want, but it amazes me how fans say they want best but then justify mediocrity across the board.

My colleague’s son isn’t even a HS athlete but is a huge sports and Nike fanatic. He’s going to attend Oregon 3K miles away next year because of their relationship with Nike. It’s wild to me but we all have different motivations.

I understand what you said but a school interest come first and Adidas at the time blown Nike money wise on the offer. I fully expect UM to choose Adidas again if money is better. So if that check on the box is a tipping point for a recruit inbthe NIL era that is s recruit I don’t want.
Doesnt matter kids dont like Adidas since the ages thats just the facts. Got to go to Nike eventually

Advertisement
My colleague’s son isn’t even a HS athlete but is a huge sports and Nike fanatic. He’s going to attend Oregon 3K miles away next year because of their relationship with Nike. It’s wild to me but we all have different motivations.

Bro, I’ve broken down recruiting data, I’ve broken down brand value, I’ve broken down recruits who I knew personally who chose Nike affiliated schools due to NIL deals, I’ve broken down how we’ve already had a breach of contract w/ Adidas & provided evidence, I’ve mentioned the financial break down, & it don’t matter. So I just let the “it’s simple” fans just carry on.

Bro, I’ve broken down recruiting data, I’ve broken down brand value, I’ve broken down recruits who I knew personally who chose Nike affiliated schools due to NIL deals, I’ve broken down how we’ve already had a breach of contract w/ Adidas & provided evidence, I’ve mentioned the financial break down, & it don’t matter. So I just let the “it’s simple” fans just carry on.
We need to be back at Nike like yesterday. Hoping it happens around the same time we head to a new conference in a few years

Advertisement
This could get real ugly if @Rellyrell and @TheOriginalCane join forces. Imagine pages of explanation with charts, graphs, and references to supporting documents.

You WILL believe that the athleticwear brand makes a difference.
Star Trek Borg GIF

CanesTalk Live May 17, 2024

Still watching/listening Notes in progress

Takaylen “T.K.” Muex

• Hasn't seen the building this excited about a recruit in a LONG time. Staff is beyond pumped they got him
  • Tape is very impressive

25 Recruits

• Expects DB commits to come off the board soon

ACC is on life support and the prognosis isn't good

Takaylen “T.K.” Muex

• Hasn't seen the building this excited about a recruit in a LONG time. Staff is beyond pumped they got him

25 Recruits

That sounds to me like Ewald & Wallace ready to pop

Advertisement

Takaylen “T.K.” Muex

25 Recruits

Like Big12 not good?

Advertisement
I just posted in the realignment thread why joining the B12 over the B10 is horribly short sighted. If you don't get into the P2/B10, your program is effectively doomed to perpetual second tier status. The lure of more short term B12 money is fools gold (assuming it is even true). The B10 may stop adding schools and you'll be in a world of hurt.

Struggling Locked Out GIF by VVS FILMS
There's no guarantee that a power 2 is going to form and if it does, I would bet that schools not already in the power 2 will get less money for some time frame.

The Big 12 will b a death blow to Miami. We are at at critical point. So much money has been invested to bring the program up to a national level. We are on the brink of competing nationally. An opportunity exists for the brand to explode. A move to the Big 12 would at minimum stagnate the brand. FSU and UF would have an upper hand in recruiting.

Taking more money from Big 12 is short sided. Joining the B1G elevates the brand. It will also put more butts in Hard Rock and could charge more money for home games. They could easily add another $5M-$6M in ticket revenue.

I'm going to be blunt. The reason why Miami isn't being offered a full share from the B1G is that our tv viewership for the past 3 years has been terrible in terms of B1G viewership. Miami's tv viewership ranks 16th in the B1G. With the 10 win season we are expecting, perhaps viewership could rebound to a level at least middle of the B1G. Part of the issue is playing in the ACC. The other part is that we haven't been winning and relegated to the ACC channel for games. This is why we SHOULD NOT join the Big 12. It doesn't move the needle for tv viewership. To add 6 years of Big 12 tv mediocrity to the resume would be a killer.

Miami has an interesting contrast. It has the #3 brand in the B1G, but it hasn't translated into tv viewership. I believe that's because we had some bad seasons, but the high schools recruits are believing in Mario and the Miami brand. Again, this season is critical in turning that around.

I hope Rad gets us into the B1G even at 50% share which is what Oregon is getting. I would ask for a clause in the contract that as Miami's tv viewership increases, it's share increases as well. That would be a good compromise.

I'm concerned that the Administration will want to save face and not join the B1G for less than what FSU will get.

Check out this eye opening YouTube analysis, "Does Miami fit in the B1G?" Pay close attention to 4:18 and 8:45. The videocast hosts believe Miami could take over the B1G if they joined. They are Utah fans and have no skin in the analysis.

Last edited:
Doesnt matter kids dont like Adidas since the ages thats just the facts. Got to go to Nike eventually
I wish this was true. Ever since kids started buying Adidas a pair of Sambas went from like $65 to $110. I used to get multiple pairs of Campus with different colors because you could get them cheap as ****. Now they’re over $100 at the friggin outlet store. There’s nothing I want more than for kids to stop buying Adidas.

Advertisement
Back