WR Reggie Love

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Boca Raton (FL) Spanish River High School WR Reggie Love says he thinks he first caught UM's eye during a practice session this spring.

"One of their coaches has a good connection with my head coach," Love said. "My coach gave him a call to come see me practice. They saw me, liked me, and over the summer I went to their practices. So ever since then they've been recruiting me."

Love hasn't landed a Cane offer yet, though.

But he says his UM recruitment is picking up as he's been in contact with coaches.

"I'm talking to coach (Brennan) Carroll," Love said. "He just asks how I'm doing, sees if he can get me there for a game. I'll probably go to the next game."

So far Love lists offers from Boston College, Middle Tennessee and Georgia State.

And he lists his frontrunners as Wisconsin, Mississippi State and Miami.

"Wisconsin, they're close to offering. I have an official visit set up Nov. 4 and they plan to offer me up there," Love said. "Mississippi State is also close to offering but I haven't set up my visit there yet."

He adds that "Right now it's hard to tell if Miami will offer."

Of when he wants to make final decision, Love said "There's no set time line. I'm still thinking about it."

Love has over 700 receiving yards this season and, at 6-foot-3 and 200 pounds, says his coach compares him to Brandon Marshall.

Advertisement
Yep comitted Nov 7th.

Two-star prospect Reggie Love (Boca Raton, Fla./Spanish River) committed to the Wisconsin Badgers during an official visit last week to Madison, multiple sources report.

Boston College, Georgia State, Middle Tennessee State and UCF also extended scholarship offers to the 6-foot-2, 200-pound athlete/wide receiver.

Other programs including Maryland, Mississippi State and Wake Forest were showing interest.

Wisconsin now has a dozen verbals for the Class of 2012.

Advertisement
Back