2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't know if it's been mentioned here but, Jeremiah Smith is Geno Smith's cousin, who is Melvin Bratton's cousin.

Don't know the exact connection, but that means Jeremiah and Melvin could be related.
If so, and even if not, hopefully Alonzo has put the word in to Melvin to put a word in with Jeremiah.

May not make a difference, but it may.
Use every avenue to make inroads.

Don't know if it's been mentioned here but, Jeremiah Smith is Geno Smith's cousin, who is Melvin Bratton's cousin.

Don't know the exact connection, but that means Jeremiah and Melvin could be related.
If so, and even if not, hopefully Alonzo has put the word in to Melvin to put a word in with Jeremiah.

May not make a difference, but it may.
Use every avenue to make inroads.
I suggest money.

I suggest money.
Of course. I'm just saying, in addition to money, use the former Hurricane great and more importantly, guy who currently represents NFL players (probably some WRs) and whose job is to persuade NFL players to sign with him and NFL teams to give his players big money, to persuade a HS player that might be related to him to sign with Miami. I'm sure, in his current job, Melvin Bratton has contacts that could help with NIL as well. Use every avenue.

Advertisement
Cant say the kids are completely brainwashed because we still get top talent from Miami, I think people forget that when talking about this. Its just we’ve either chose the wrong ones or didn’t develop them. But we’ve still got enough talent to not be as mid as we have been.

Thank you. We still get 5 stars and get a number of 4 stars but some at like we haven’t turned away talented kids in the past. Everyone isn’t brainwashed. It’s been a combination of picking the wrong athletes, not developing them, and underachieving on the field. We can’t keep making broad statements about south Florida kids. Didn’t Fowles and Kirkland want to commit? We can’t continue to make broad statements for SoFlorida kids just because the ones we want gives us the run around.

Thank you. We still get 5 stars and get a number of 4 stars but some at like we haven’t turned away talented kids in the past. Everyone isn’t brainwashed. It’s been a combination of picking the wrong athletes, not developing them, and underachieving on the field. We can’t keep making broad statements about south Florida kids. Didn’t Fowles and Kirkland want to commit? We can’t continue to make broad statements for SoFlorida kids just because the ones we want gives us the run around.
Thats why the bashing kids thing is so lame to me lol its like u basically feel the same way about the kids on our team currently but they just happened to have chose us. I understand fans are just emotional but there gotta be a line drawn somewhere imo

Thats why the bashing kids thing is so lame to me lol its like u basically feel the same way about the kids on our team currently but they just happened to have chose us. I understand fans are just emotional but there gotta be a line drawn somewhere imo

I agree with you. I don’t understand the bashing and the complaining. Then we make broad statements about local kids. I started following recruiting in 07. We won 5 games that year and we pulled in the top kids from Dade county with that 08 class. They didn’t live up to their billing and was killed by the fans. Even after them we still got a good number of top kids from the area and turned away some studs too. No matter what UM does or how they fare on the field we’re going to get top talent but we can’t get upset if we underachieve, turn kids away, or don’t develop them then say they turn their backs on the city (whatever that means). We can be entitled at times but it gets ridiculous that we act this way over the decisions of kids.

Advertisement
I mean there has to be someone right? We’ve had what, 25 or so misses in the last 3-4 years at this position? At least 6-7 whiffs in the most important recruiting year at WR to date…and I’m not ready to bring out the pitchforks yet, but coño…SOMEONE?!?

Robby hanging on by a thread, we’ve got Ray-Ray but where are the bonafide elite guys? Where’s the dude on the outside that’s going to be a baller on these 1v1 matchups and take over a game? Sooner or later, your track record speaks for itself.

Seems like 2023 is essentially a lost cause: Hykeem, Innis, Tate, Cotrell, Jean, ****ey, Brown are all not coming here or becoming unlikely. I mean that’s f^cking BAD.

The buck better stop in 2024. WRs are really down next year apart from the cream of the crop...and we’ve been getting filled with cream pies when it comes to the elite of the elite.

We’re already going to have to sell our soul to grab at least 2 from the the portal. If you can’t land Smith, idk man…find someone that can. Sick of the sunshine pumping, our recruiting isn’t as fine and dandy as we think. That goes for other positions as well.

Her post was deleted.
40EAC829-BF55-468A-9C88-256A6527FC75.gif

Advertisement
I mean there has to be someone right? We’ve had what, 25 or so misses in the last 3-4 years at this position? At least 6-7 whiffs in the most important recruiting year at WR to date…and I’m not ready to bring out the pitchforks yet, but coño…SOMEONE?!?

Robby hanging on by a thread, we’ve got Ray-Ray but where are the bonafide elite guys? Where’s the dude on the outside that’s going to be a baller on these 1v1 matchups and take over a game? Sooner or later, your track record speaks for itself.

Seems like 2023 is essentially a lost cause: Hykeem, Innis, Tate, Cotrell, Jean, ****ey, Brown are all not coming here or becoming unlikely. I mean that’s f^cking BAD.

The buck better stop in 2024. WRs are really down next year apart from the cream of the crop...and we’ve been getting filled with cream pies when it comes to the elite of the elite.

We’re already going to have to sell our soul to grab at least 2 from the the portal. If you can’t land Smith, idk man…find someone that can. Sick of the sunshine pumping, our recruiting isn’t as fine and dandy as we think. That goes for other positions as well.
All I know is pain.

Oh smith is outta here make no mistake. Trader if we lose him, we just ain’t even trying.

Yeah,. agree. Staff needs to focus on landing Trader - he's a must considering Smith is osu. Not sure about Zaquan but I understand there are a lot of canes fans in his camp. @gogeta4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back