2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UM should go to local fields and parks and just pay to redo it all. put signage up everywhere. kids play there all the time. pay graffiti artists to paint UM stuff at Wynwood. you see so many heat murals there. the canes dont have the city's interest anymore
If only there was a billionaire who wanted to renovate one of the largest parks in the county and put our football stadium in it. I am sure our fans would gladly take such a gift to the program and run with it enthusiastically.

Advertisement
If only there was a billionaire who wanted to renovate one of the largest parks in the county and put our football stadium in it. I am sure our fans would gladly take such a gift to the program and run with it enthusiastically.
that doesn't really solve the issue overall. fans dont care if you put a stadium somewhere else. to cultivate interest (which is where we lack from a fan standpoint), you hit them when they're young. they go to these parks everyday (go to KSP, go to Greynolds, go anywhere) and offer to put in the money to transform them and modernize it. put your name everywhere, your colors, branded water fountains, branded hoops, branded soccer nets, etc. you get the point. the heat do this w local courts

this has nothing to do w building another stadium. this isnt a stadium issue. that one is purely selfish by the billionaire donor (lets be honest its a RE play). this just giving back to the community and hitting it home. the above doesn't cost millions or billions in funding to build in years time. its a paint job and some Reno work that isnt costly.

And maybe cool your jets on the UM slander. Recognize the university is bigger than the football program. And as a university, UM provides a lot to the community. One personal example: once upon a time it provided this local Cuban kid (and member of the local community) a full scholarship and an opportunity. And I'm not the only one on this board who was provided that sort of opportunity... UM provides students literally millions in scholarship money every year.

Beyond that, another example is UM's Community Health Improvement program plus Jackson Health's financial assistance programs provide quite a bit of free healthcare every year (Jackson Health Foundation alone gave $13.8 million of aid in FY 2020). If you want to keep it to UM athletics, they give out tickets to the local community all the time... Teacher Appreciation games (they just gave away 400 tickets to teachers for Southern Miss)... Hometown Hero (4,300 tickets donated to veterans and their families in the 2019-2020 season, and military appreciation game is 11/26 against Pitt this year)... Watsco Kids and Youth Football initiatives to give local kids tickets to men's and women's basketball games and football games... and a bunch of other community projects, local school visits, and initiatives each year.

Yes, the football program itself has been up and down (and over the last two decades, mostly down). A lot of that falls on the current and previous administrations. Some past coaches foolishly burned bridges in the community. And under some staffs the football program itself has done more to give back locally (like under Richt), while under other coaches it has done less (like under Folden).

But again, the university is bigger than the football team. Could the university do more? Sure, you can always do more. But UM does plenty. And it does a metric ****-ton more than 99.99% of the people clamoring about what UM doesn't do for the local community.

Now if people just want to hate on UM because it's a private university instead of a public university, and it sits at the edge of Coral Gables instead of Allapattah? I'm not sure what to say to them. UM can't change that. But maybe they should try rooting for FIU and see if that public university out in west Dade suits them better. I will continue to support this university and football program.
While impressive, it’s nothing compared to what Bama, UGA, LSU, ATM and OSU have done for our local community…..

While impressive, it’s nothing compared to what Bama, UGA, LSU, ATM and OSU have done for our local community…..
Let’s go play for schools with fanbases that are stuck in 1915 because UM doesn’t do enough for the community. I’ve heard 5000 excuses why these kids choose those other schools over the years, but that narrative is new.

Advertisement
Who do I have to **** off to get banned during the week, but able to post on the weekends? I've got too much **** I could be doing right now and need my life back.

Thanks in advance.

Let’s go play for schools with fanbases that are stuck in 1915 because UM doesn’t do enough for the community. I’ve heard 5000 excuses why these kids choose those other schools over the years, but that narrative is new.

My friend, you've got our friend @TRick72 all wrong here. He's sarcastically pointing out the fact Baga: (1) hasn't done **** for our local community; (2) except drop bags on players and their handlers. Believe me when I tell you, @TRick72 is low-key one of the most hilariously sarcastic people on this board.

that doesn't really solve the issue overall. fans dont care if you put a stadium somewhere else. to cultivate interest (which is where we lack from a fan standpoint), you hit them when they're young. they go to these parks everyday (go to KSP, go to Greynolds, go anywhere) and offer to put in the money to transform them and modernize it. put your name everywhere, your colors, branded water fountains, branded hoops, branded soccer nets, etc. you get the point. the heat do this w local courts

this has nothing to do w building another stadium. this isnt a stadium issue. that one is purely selfish by the billionaire donor (lets be honest its a RE play). this just giving back to the community and hitting it home. the above doesn't cost millions or billions in funding to build in years time. its a paint job and some Reno work that isnt costly.
I was being facetious, but the development of Tropical Park is a big part of it as well. That aside, you are right. The school could and should have done it at Traz Powell and other stadiums they used for spring games and practices. They should be paying for maybe refurbishing a high school field a year or youth parks.

I will tell you from a 501c3 perspective this can sometimes get tricky in practice. My former employer had a big thing about as a large health system, we cannot give to many other 501c3s and limited their public giving. The thought is people are donating to that organization to use in advancement of our charitable purpose and activities and if they wanted to donate to local parks, they would just do that... in this case, Miami and Miami athletics. I do not believe this and think there is room for both, especially in a marketing budget, but it is definitely not an uncommon thought in the c3 foundation and marketing world.

What’s wrong with you and your friends?

Too close to home and making you feel uncomfortable?

And @LeedsCane — you keep nibbling around the edges here.

Let’s just call it what it is. You’re mad you’re 0-3 to my predictions. Take your L’s and lumps, and keep it moving.

Stick to sunshine pumping for clicks and listens to your podcast.

"Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances."

-Gandhi

Advertisement
One example comes from a letter written by Gandhi to the Natal parliament of South Africa in 1893, saying that a "general belief seems to prevail in the Colony that the Indians are a little better, if at all, than savages or the Natives of Africa."

In 1903, when Gandhi was in South Africa, he wrote that white people there should be "the predominating race." He also said, black people "are troublesome, very dirty and live like animals."

He referred to them as “kaffirs” a derogatory insult likened to the n-word.

I see what you all are alluding to. Sort it like a hearts and minds approach.
You know like a father figure sort of thing. The way some of our coaches have been mentoring and coaching the youth. DVD, Joseph, Bain, The former head coach at Edison.
Former head coach at sta.
Mike rumph.

A mural ain’t gonna do sht to these bag chasers man.
There are videos of Tyson Campbell being coached in Peewee by Rumph and then coaching him at AH.
Turned out well for us.

Miami heat culture is more for the community and not college recruiting.
It’s marketing and fan loyalty. There might be a time when the heat suck and they won’t fill the arena. But they will have a strong fanbase. The Cubs sucked for 100 years and when they came to play the marlins they outnumbered the local fans.

These kids are brainwashed by these handlers that they’re too good for Miami.

Mario has literally hired a who’s who of sofla football and yet we sit here talking about relationships and community. Do you know how much impact our staff has already had before they came to UM with these kids locally and their families?

Do you mean to tell me that Mario hired the biggest *** holes that none of these kids look up to or want to play for?
Shemar didn’t want to be coached by a hall of farmer?
Stop making excuses for these kids and the bag chasers man.

A mural ain’t more important than hiring several multiple time state champion coaches from south Florida.
It isn’t more important that hiring legit coaches with experience.
Flag was clowned more than anyone on here. Legit coaching matters too and the bag chasers dgaf.

I’m sure Louisville has 0.00 ties ties to any community california or Texas. But I guess that class so far proves me wrong right?

Until the youth start criticizing kids for leaving instead of praising them while they clown us on social media things won’t change.

Winning cures a lot of diseases. And the kids laughing and high 5ing kids like Donell Harris, Jobe, Shemar etc etc.. is a disease we have to cure on the field.

We were losing recruits to a 4 win gator team at one point while they threw up the 305 at the swamp. The kids are the ones that dgaf about anything Miami. If they did they would stay to build something instead of waiting for oos kids to do it.

What community ties did Miami have to the inner city to convince Melvin and Lonzo to come?

You know like a father figure sort of thing. The way some of our coaches have been mentoring and coaching the youth. DVD, Joseph, Bain, The former head coach at Edison.
Mike rumph.

There are videos of Tyson Campbell being coached in Peewee by Rumph and then coaching him at AH.
Turned out well for us.

It’s marketing and fan loyalty. There might be a time when the heat suck and they won’t fill the arena. But they will have a strong fanbase. The Cubs sucked for 100 years and when they came to play the marlins they outnumbered the local fans.

Mario has literally hired a who’s who of sofla football and yet we sit here talking about relationships and community. Do you know how much impact our staff has already had before they came to UM with these kids locally and their families?

Do you mean to tell me that Mario hired the biggest *** holes that none of these kids look up to or want to play for?

A mural ain’t more important than hiring several multiple time state champion coaches from south Florida.
Flag was clowned more than anyone on here. Legit coaching matters too and the bag chasers dgaf.

I’m sure Louisville has 0.00 ties ties to any community california or Texas. But I guess that class so far proves me wrong right?

Until the youth start criticizing kids for leaving instead of praising them while they clown us on social media things won’t change.

Winning cures a lot of diseases. And the kids laughing and high 5ing kids like Donell Harris, Jobe, Shemar etc etc.. is a disease we have to cure on the field.

We were losing recruits to a 4 win gator team at one point while they threw up the 305 at the swamp. The kids are the ones that dgaf about anything Miami. If they did they would stay to build something instead of waiting for oos kids to do it.

What community ties did Miami have to the inner city to convince Melvin and Lonzo to come?

Many good points made here. But @E1k isn't reading all of this. Twitter length or less, my friend.

We burned the bridge with Shemar when everyone went nuts when he didn’t come here. Him and his fat handler are gone.

I always expected he would transfer back here in a few years but Mario isn’t going to let him with comments like that.
A repost of a previous projection….of Hicks running across a remorseful Shemar during a recruiting visit…

"Hey, Shemar! What's up?"

"Pretend you're smiling," said Shemar quietly. His joyful visage from South Florida is now gone.

"Why are you whispering?"

Shemar stares at the immaculate grass. Immaculate except for the cowpies festering here and there. And everywhere.

"They'll hear me. They hear everything."

"Who?"

"The Corp. The Aggie Corps. They're everywhere. They see everything."

As if to emphasize the point, a platoon of uniformed Aggie cadets run by, bayonets drawn. Visiting parents scream, pick up their children, and scatter.

"What was that about?"

"The grass. You're not allowed to touch the grass. Ever."

Stewart shivers. In the distance another Aggie Corp marches by, singing martial music. "You have to get me out of here. I called Moe, but he's no longer in country. I've tried Coach but....please...you have to help me!"

Advertisement
We burned the bridge with Shemar when everyone went nuts when he didn’t come here. Him and his fat handler are gone.

I always expected he would transfer back here in a few years but Mario isn’t going to let him with comments like that.
And the original projection of what awaits him in Aggieland….

In a few months he’s going to wake up in the flat prairie of A&M and look out the window. It will be a full moon, with cold steel light illuminating random cows milling about. Aggie Cadet recruits will be fulfilling their duties by skewering dry cow pies with their sabers for collection, while at the same time being wary and on the lookout for pedestrian stepping on a blade of grass. A coyote, nay a pack of coyotes will howl. A mountain lion on the distance will roar.

He’ll back away from that window and sit on the bed. The warmth of Miami, the vibrancy and color will be gone, but for now can still be remembered. For now. And he’ll look at his phone, knowing that one call could make all of this right. If only the person, yes the coach on the other end was willing to pick up his call.

What’s wrong with you and your friends?

Too close to home and making you feel uncomfortable?

And @LeedsCane — you keep nibbling around the edges here.

Let’s just call it what it is. You’re mad you’re 0-3 to my predictions. Take your L’s and lumps, and keep it moving.

Stick to sunshine pumping for clicks and listens to your podcast.
wait is it calling two people out?

Advertisement
A repost of a previous projection….of Hicks running across a remorseful Shemar during a recruiting visit…

"Hey, Shemar! What's up?"

"Pretend you're smiling," said Shemar quietly. His joyful visage from South Florida is now gone.

"Why are you whispering?"

Shemar stares at the immaculate grass. Immaculate except for the cowpies festering here and there. And everywhere.

"They'll hear me. They hear everything."

"Who?"

"The Corp. The Aggie Corps. They're everywhere. They see everything."

As if to emphasize the point, a platoon of uniformed Aggie cadets run by, bayonets drawn. Visiting parents scream, pick up their children, and scatter.

"What was that about?"

"The grass. You're not allowed to touch the grass. Ever."

Stewart shivers. In the distance another Aggie Corp marches by, singing martial music. "You have to get me out of here. I called Moe, but he's no longer in country. I've tried Coach but....please...you have to help me!"
Now do it in emojis so our anti-fans will read it.

Mike rumph.

Turned out well for us.

Cant say the kids are completely brainwashed because we still get top talent from Miami, I think people forget that when talking about this. Its just we’ve either chose the wrong ones or didn’t develop them. But we’ve still got enough talent to not be as mid as we have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back