WR Dingle excited about family atmosphere at Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
KDingle.jpg

Miami is making a concerted effort to stay as local as possible at the skill positions going forward. One of the South Florida playmakers that Canes fans are excited about is 2017 Carol City wide receiver Kevaughn Dingle (6-1,185). The big-bodied wide out is not shy when describing his abilities on the field.

“My playing style is swag, physical, and aggressive. I call myself ‘Up Top’ because I like to go get it. Anything in the air is mine, so that's how I think of it,” Dingle explained.

There is a buzz around the Carol City Chiefs this spring, as a revamped defensive coaching staff has upped the intensity at practice, according to Dingle.

“Spring is going great. It's good competition and the tempo is great,” said Dingle, who is excited about the team’s new defensive coordinator Damon Cogdell, who was the architect of the great Miramar teams of recent years.

“He's bringing his staff over and it has been tremendous. They're putting all their stuff in and I think it's the missing piece, so it's coming all together for us.”

Dingle’s future position coach at Miami has quickly become more than simply a recruiter for him.

“I love Coach Dugans. He always tells me that he doesn't just want to be a coach, but a mentor too. He wants to talk to me not only from a coach point-of-view, but from a father's standpoint too,” said Dingle. “One thing about him is that he always keeps it real.”

Dugans was not the only coach who has made Dingle feel welcomed to the Hurricanes family; Mark Richt has made an impact as well.

“Coach Richt has a nice vibe too. He was so happy and thankful when I committed, that he thanked my family. He looks out for your family, not just you, and that's what I like most about him,” said Dingle. “My family was very excited about the commitment and that I'll be able to stay in my home town. “

One of Dingle’s closest friends also happens to be a target at linebacker for Miami, and the physical receiver Dingle is in his ear.

“I'm staying in DeAndre Wilder's head because we need him on board. He might wait for his commitment until the end of his senior year.”

Something that has given Dingle a lot of confidence in his commitment to the Canes is the health of the quarterback position.

"I'm very excited about the quarterbacks. After Kaaya, I know they got Allison and Perry in my class, so I don't have to worry about that position at all."

Highlights: 8Ball Junior Season - Kevaughn Dingle highlights - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dingle was wreckin it in the highlights but, the qb was throwing lasers

Dingle was wreckin it in the highlights but, the qb was throwing lasers

Buckshot

Yes surrr, that was Stephen buckshot Calvert if he was only 3inches taller he would have gotten power 5 offers.

[video=youtube_share;d4RWMy_S-XQ]http://youtu.be/d4RWMy_S-XQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;ixxU6B5EymQ]http://youtu.be/ixxU6B5EymQ[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
How tall is Calvert? Kid looked like the goods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't notice it before, but was he the only white guy on the team?

yea not much white people still in carol city.

buckshot is like 6'1. I think it was his weight..though he weighs like 170-175
Not sure how he went to Liberty but im guessing a lot of guys spots filled up quick...but he is a mid major div 1 talent...but the qb spots fill up quick...Liberty got a steal....**** the other wr Streven Newbold went to eastern illinois. It was a bit strange.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Not sure how he went to Liberty but im guessing a lot of guys spots filled up quick...but he is a mid major div 1 talent...but the qb spots fill up quick...Liberty got a steal....**** the other wr Streven Newbold went to eastern illinois. It was a bit strange.

I agree. Nothing wrong with Liberty, but I thought he would have ended up somewhere a little bigger.

Even the QB from Viera ended up at Wake Forrest and he's only 5'10" 170 lbs.

I agree. Nothing wrong with Liberty, but I thought he would have ended up somewhere a little bigger.

Tha't why Wake Forest struggles to win 4 games each year...

Good write-up but the "family" thing is one of the most tiresome buzzwords in recruiting. EVERY kids cites it. Often at multiple schools. Family atmosphere and how they connect with a position coach. Sure, obviously important things but we hear it sooooo often that if it was actually the real determining factor in where kids sign then recruiting would be way less unpredictable.

I know we gotta take certain kids but this kid reminds me of aldarius Johnson to slow to ever make a difference at the college level.

But it's about building relationships with the school and other recruits look to see how we're treating other local athletes.

Most importantly it helps us with recruiting wilder which I think is the biggest reason for this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know we gotta take certain kids but this kid reminds me of aldarius Johnson to slow to ever make a difference at the college level.

But it's about building relationships with the school and other recruits look to see how we're treating other local athletes.

Most importantly it helps us with recruiting wilder which I think is the biggest reason for this.

You do know a dude like laquan treadwell ran in the 4.6s in the 40 and look at what he did in college. Rashad greene ran a very slow 40 but he was able to get open and be very productive in college.

Did that Buckshot kid play any baseball? 6'1 with that arm, I'm sure a baseball team can find a spot for him.

Tha't why Wake Forest struggles to win 4 games each year...

Lol well said, still D1 ACC though

Advertisement

Aldarius's problems here weren't physical. He had plenty of physical ability to excel at this level.

You do know a dude like laquan treadwell ran in the 4.6s in the 40 and look at what he did in college. Rashad greene ran a very slow 40 but he was able to get open and be very productive in college.

He doesn't run a 4.6 he runs 5.0 there's many offensive lineman who can out run him. No way to spin that this kid sucks. And will never amount to anything other than a guy who is slow.

He doesn't run a 4.6 he runs 5.0 there's many offensive lineman who can out run him. No way to spin that this kid sucks. And will never amount to anything other than a guy who is slow.

Averaging 29 yards per catch means he suck? You might want to watch film. This dude is far from sucking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back