Woodley Searching For Offer

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2013 Columbus (Fla.) Running Back Lorenzo Woodley led his team in a great performance in their playoff opener against Krop. Woodley is one senior who has taken command to try and lead his team to states.

“That's the way me and my team will have to play to fill our team's championship hopes. We need to play like that through the rest of the postseason.”

The Explorers' road to the playoffs hasn’t been an easy one, as they dropped four big games against Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, St. Thomas Aquinas and Killian. Woodley spoke about what his team needs to do in order to overcome those losses.

“It's gonna take for us to build off of last weeks win and work hard in practice and work hard in the games. I believe if we do that, no one can stop us from getting to the state championship.”

The Explorer running back is currently focusing on the season for his team right now, but has kept track of his recruitment.

“I haven’t been talking to too many coaches as of late because I’m focusing on playoffs, but I recently got an offer from Arizona State on Thursday night.”

Woodley holds seventeen offers including schools like N.C State, South Florida, West Virginia, Rutgers and Memphis.

While the bruising back has interest in all those schools, he is looking for one school in particular.

“I grew up liking Miami ever since I was a little kid, and I have always wanted to play their my entire life.”

While Woodley is interested in Miami, he is still searching for an offer from the Canes and talked about getting one.

“It starts on the field for me. I have been trying to play well and work hard for the University of Miami offer. When you want something, you gotta work hard for it so thats what I’m trying to do so hopefully they come through.”

One interesting factor for the 2013 running back is how he has two close friends on the Miami roster in Denzel Perryman and Deon Bush.

“I’m really close to Denzel Perryman and I played with Deon Bush. It would be nice to play with those guys again.”

Advertisement
He has some good offers to play D1 ball and have his education payed for. Good luck to him.

I love this kid but with the limited spots I doubt he ends up here, I probably would've taken him last year over dillard(I still don't get why he's on this team)

Dillard is on the team bcuz he is blazing fast for a guy that's close to 220 pounds. He is a lot like 44 in that they both played LBer and RB in high school and were just manly athletes for their age.

Dillard came in a bit out of shape and needed a redshirt

But you guys says why is he here already?

Have you not learned your lesson with 44....Gunter....Scott......Rayshawn.....Pierre....Finnie

If Golden offered this kid above all other RBs we could've had last season....it was for a reason

Its cool that you guys are talking to kids, but why do you keep interviewing kids that Miami isn't remotely interested in?

Advertisement
Dillard is far from blazing fast, i saw him last year in HS. I would not have offered him, now what he does now is a different story, he didn't impress me at all.

Dillard is on the team bcuz he is blazing fast for a guy that's close to 220 pounds. He is a lot like 44 in that they both played LBer and RB in high school and were just manly athletes for their age.

Have you not learned your lesson with 44....Gunter....Scott......Rayshawn.....Pierre....Finnie

If Golden offered this kid above all other RBs we could've had last season....it was for a reason

But isn't this a case of the kid that wants to be a Hurricane over everything else. The type of guy Barrow was talking about that will bleed orange and green?

Bleeding orange and green is a highly desirable trait, but its not the only factor. If we only took kids who bleed orange and green, the team wouldn't be very good. Most of the kids who bleed orange and green aren't talented enough to actually wear the orange and green.

But isn't this a case of the kid that wants to be a Hurricane over everything else. The type of guy Barrow was talking about that will bleed orange and green?

Bleeding orange and green is a highly desirable trait, but its not the only factor. If we only took kids who bleed orange and green, the team wouldn't be very good. Most of the kids who bleed orange and green aren't talented enough to actually wear the orange and green.

WTF :confused:

Advertisement

Not sure the confusion....he's just saying there are a lot of kids that love the U, and the great majority aren't high level D1 prospects.

My cousin is a coach at Columbus and he just posted that Daryl Chestnut committed to Texas Tech.... Pete, any chance if we come back in that he would switch?

Advertisement
Dillard is far from blazing fast, i saw him last year in HS. I would not have offered him, now what he does now is a different story, he didn't impress me at all.

"Who the **** is Eddie Johnson?? REALLY?? WTF GOlden this isnt Temple!!!"

"Rashawn Scott??? With all the WR's in south Fla we go after this kid? Gimme a break"

"Oh great...Golden bringing kids he was recruiting to Temple. ***king Olsen Pierre. Kid isn't Miami material. Wow"

"Rayshawn Jenkins is not even a real safety. He's a skinny option QB. Is this real life? I was not impressed with his video at all"

"Ladarius Gunter........wow. Now we're desperate. Does anybody even know who this is? His ***king name is GUNTER. Another ***king reach by Golden"

And soon to be added to the list

"Dillard is far from blazing fast, i saw him last year in HS. I would not have offered him, now what he does now is a different story, he didn't impress me at all."...fastcane

Kid came in wayyy out of shape after his season finished up and coaches were not as impressed with him as they were when they recruited him.

A redshirt year + U tough and this kid will be just like the others. Give the boy a chance. He's only a redshirt freshman next year. For all we know he plays LBer here.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Not sure the confusion....he's just saying there are a lot of kids that love the U, and the great majority aren't high level D1 prospects.

"the great majority" SMH You are delusional if you actually believe that bs...... Every traditionally great football program has kids who dream about going to that school but aren't good enough.... what is ur point???

Advertisement
Back