Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

So if he signs but cant qualify academically, Miami loses the scholarship? That is a bad system. Seems like a disincentive for good schools to offer a kid, when it might be precisely the motivation he needs to become a better student athlete. You'd think the NCAA would want to encourage student athletes. Oh right....

Yup, once they sign on the dotted line that’s one less counter.

Advertisement
Yup, once they sign on the dotted line that’s one less counter.

All these rules you would think have to change very soon...Can't let mess defections happen with so little resistance, waivers coming so easy...etc, etc...And not let teams replenish.

Attachments

• 1687793F-E90D-414A-852A-EEDBAEAD44E2.gif
    1687793F-E90D-414A-852A-EEDBAEAD44E2.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
I would think with us not bringing in any visitors these last 2 weekends that Moise is signing with miami next week.

Advertisement
I heard DT. Would be a dynamic addition to the DL is he can qualify. Great to hear Moise is busting his hump to get in and good for the Canes to keep his spot open for him. Too many times schools will pull the offer but Willie has been nothing but loyal to Miami - it’s nice to see Manny rooting this kid on.

He seems set on playing dt but the staff is intrigued by ol. They’d have to sell him on guard , maybe try him out a dl and go from there.

That was the old offensive staff that is now filling out unemployment surveys. Not to mention I am very wary of olinemen with academic problems. The oline group should collectively be the smartest on the team, so moise needs to stay on the dline.

Go Canes

Advertisement
That was the old offensive staff that is now filling out unemployment surveys. Not to mention I am very wary of olinemen with academic problems. The oline group should collectively be the smartest on the team, so moise needs to stay on the dline.

Go Canes

Manny is still there and he’s intrigued by ol. His ol film is really good and he seems natural at guard. His get off on d is kinda slow but he’s so overpowering, dude is strong as an ox. Seems like a perfect 0 tech but we’ll see. A lot of folks love him at guard though.

Advertisement
So this kid is now at Edgewater High and they are certainly working to get him eligible to play college ball. Chaminade wasn’t doing anything for the kid to get thru NCAA clearinghouse.

So this kid is now at Edgewater High and they are certainly working to get him eligible to play college ball. Chaminade wasn’t doing anything for the kid to get thru NCAA clearinghouse.

Yeah, what's up with that? I thought private schools had rigorous preparatory academics. If he can't succeed at Chaminade, why would anyone think he could make it academically at the U?

Advertisement
So if he signs but cant qualify academically, Miami loses the scholarship? That is a bad system. Seems like a disincentive for good schools to offer a kid, when it might be precisely the motivation he needs to become a better student athlete. You'd think the NCAA would want to encourage student athletes. Oh right....
Why is it a bad system, can you imagine how much of a ***** up you have to be to not be qualified. Hope we land him but dont get it mixed up the coaches, NCAA, the fan base and mostly Mr. Moise could care less about being a student

Yeah, what's up with that? I thought private schools had rigorous preparatory academics. If he can't succeed at Chaminade, why would anyone think he could make it academically at the U?
Cause private schools don’t really care about these athletes past the field. They let em play with no checks and balance, but when it comes to getting into college they’re stuck. Marc Britt left Chaminade for that same reason. As well as other players.

I know I'm going to catch flack for this and it isn't directed at Moise because I know he isn't the first to have this problem and won't be the last, but the minimum requirement to pass the clearing house is a 2.0 in the 4 core course areas SAT/ACT scores are on a sliding scale based on this GPA that is asking a kid to have a C average...

If you're a HS athlete who aspires to receive a scholarship for any college sport and can't maintain a C average with only a high school academic work load and workout schedule, how do they expect to manage a college class load and a way busier athletic schedule.

Edgewater HS in Orlando,Fl is a good academic school with a lot of resources for their students , they draw on that college park money.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back